Prologue

It's a rather normal day at Tokyo's Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing School. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, that's my name. As long as i can remember, the majority of my life has been nothing but white. The first 15 or so years of my life have been supervised, and controlled by scientists and "teachers" of many a kind. Everyday I woke up, I was immediately forced to do intense exercises, grueling would be an understatement. The facility I was kept in was called the White Room. From there I was given a complete education. Due to the harsh training I was given in the White Room, I had fully completed my education up to the college level at the mere age of 6. This lead to mostly everything i learned at the Advanced Nurturing school to be useless, since i already learned it earlier.

The Next Day

A fine morning, it seems to be. I awoke to the sound of birds chirping and the sunlight dimly shining on my face. I opened the curtains, and the window. I was immediately hit with a weak breeze on my face. I decided to do a bit of a morning workout, did some light exercises and began cooking my breakfast. Cooking one's meals helps me save points. The class wasn't in a relatively bad place. We were receiving a good 20-25 thousand worth of points. I myself don't like to spend very much, so i always have a good supply of backup points if i ever needed it. I decided to make a simple breakfast, which consisted of bacon and eggs. I was already feeling rather hungry, and the smell of the food only seemed to make it worst. After a few minutes the food was finished, and I ate it rather quickly, but still slow enough to the point that i could savor the taste. While eating, the occasional buzz from my phone could be heard. It appears I had received a good amount of messages throughout the night while I was asleep. 40 new messages could be seen. A good 30 of them were from the Ayanokouji group, a group which consisted of my friends, Airi Sakura, Miyake Akito, Keisei Yukimura, and Hasebe Haruka). It seems they were chatting about the new exam which was announced recently on the school forum. 6 of those new messages were from my girlfriend, Kei Karuizawa, who i had started dating around the time our first school year ended.

Author's note: They are currently 2nd year students.

Due to my previous involvements with the Student Council President and the New Acting Director, she was quite worried about me. I texted her and said that everything would be alright. Was she waiting for my reply? It hadn't even been 10 seconds and she sent me another reply already.  The last 4 messages were from Horikita, the younger sister of the former Student Council President. She had texted me to ask about the upcoming special exam, to which i replied, "I'll be doing things as always, I'll contribute in my own way". I quickly finished my breakfast, took a shot shower, dressed into my clothes, and set off for school.

During the elevator ride, I met Kushida, who greeted me.

"Good morning Ayanokouji kun!"
She said in her usual happy tone.

"Good morning Kushida"
I replied.

"Have you heard about the new exam? It appears to be something related to that mew device that was created, called the Nerve Gear? Apparently it lets you experience things like you're really there!" She explained.

"Sounds interesting"
I replied with my usual apathethic face. I had gotten quite used to my face. It showed no emotion whatsoever. Happiness, Grief, Anger, i didn't have those feelings.

The elevator stopped on a floor in the girl's side. A rather, say peach colored beautiful girl appeared in the elevator door. It was the leading figure of Class C, (Not Class B, cuz Ryueen's class is B in second year.) Ichinose Honami. She greeted me and Kushida in a cheerful tone.

"Good morning Kiyotaka-kun!"
She says.

"Good morning".

"Good morning to you too Kushida-san!"

"Good morning Ichinose-san! Say, when did you start calling Ayanokouji-kun with his first name? You too must be pretty close!" She says with a tone that sounded like she was teasing me.

"No, no! We're just really good friends! Ichinose was blushing.

"Heh, really now?" Kushida continued on her assault, which was making Ichinose blush even more.

"We're just good friends. Nothing more, nothing less." I said.

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll leave it at that."

The elevator had reached the bottom floor, where the lobby was.

"Well this is where we must part, good day to you two! See you later!" Ichinose says.

"See you later."

"Ah, Ayanokouji-kun I must go now too, see you in class!"

"Yup see you."

With that Kushida then walked away from me, and into her group of friends, greeting and talking with each other.

I then decided to walk to school. During my walk I was looking around at the environment. I had never seen anything like this in the White Room. I decided to enjoy this while it lasted.

My phone buzzed. It seemed that i had gotten a new message from Kei.

"You seemed really friendly with Kushida-san and Ichinose-san there huh?"

What was i supposed to do here? I wasn't experienced in romance. I barely communicated with anyone in the White Room. Still though, girlfriends really do get jealous easily, or maybe that's just Kei. Either way i texted her with a reply.

"Kei that wasn't anything. I just happened to meet them on the elevator and talked with them for a bit. I promise it wasn't anything."

Within a few seconds after it was sent, it showed as 'Seen'.

"Hmm, i trust you Kiyotaka, but you never know, maybe a girl will steal you away from me."

"That won't happen. I love Karuizawa Kei only".

"Mouu Kiyotaka okay I get it, you win. I'll see you in class."

With that I continued my peaceful walk, again gazing about my surroundings.