Timelines Diverge

(If anyone's wondering where I got the idea of the time leaping and stuff, it's from an old game by Atlus called Radiant Historia. I played it on my 3ds once.)

I close my eyes as I walked through the door.

In an instant, I was at the wyvern with Hashimoto and the girls.

"Kiyotaka? Are you okay?" Kei asked.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine." I said.

I didn't want a repeat of what had happened last time.

I began to think over what I would do next. The servant earlier had warned me about my two mistakes. The first one being, me trusting Sakayanagi, and the second, me returning to the Inn after the fight. I kept both of those in mind.

We had arrived at Helios. This time though, when I told Kei and Hiyori to stay at the Inn, I explained that I wouldn't be back until tomorrow most likely. They both wanted to come, but I didn't let them.

I then went towards Sakayanagi's mansion. This time, though, none of the students were outside partying. As I went through the gate, my right eye notified me about the upcoming battle.

I went towards Sakayanagi's room. My eye told me that what awaits on the other side of the door was an attack. I kept my guard up as I opened the door.
Sure enough, the eye was right. The moment I saw Sakayanagi, one of her underlings struck me with a blade, which, I easily deflected.

"Ara? The time traveler appears at last." Sakayanagi said.

"I don't know what you're talking about Sakayanagi." I said.

"Oh? But this isn't the first time we've met here in Helios. I'm sure of it. Maybe perhaps you're feeling something... in your heart? I mean that both ways."

Her desperate attempt at sarcasm earned a grunt from me.

"So, why'd you do that? Sending those two after me? I asked.

"Ah? So you finally admit it? Yes indeed. I did sent those two. But it was all for your own good in the end, don't you think?

I sighed at this. My mind told me she had an ulterior motive. My eye also noticed something. A fireball would be cast through the wall to my left. I raised my attention towards the magic circle appearing in the wall, and instantly used Negate Magic to stop it.

"Fufu, looks like you know. How's your eye doing? Does it still hurt."

"You.. How do you know about that?"

"Oh? Does that surprise you? You seem to have gotten soft."

She was right.

"If you do remember, Sakayanagi, what about the thing I asked you to research?"

"Ah yes, the Trifecto Alliance? Yes, I'll tell you about it. But why not during a game of chess?"

*sigh*  "Fine."

After a few minutes of playing, I decided to move my bishop. My eye notified me about an attack from the chess piece. It was right. A magic seal that negates magic was implanted on it.

I took the bishop piece, kept it afloat a few inches away from my hand, and showed it to Sakayanagi.

"Mind explaining this?"

"Fufu. There's your hint. The bishop."
She said.

"Was it really necessary to put that seal there?"

"Well, no. I just thought it'd be more fun."

After the chess match, which I won, I got up to leave.