That Blinding Light

After my short, uneventful walk, I had reached the entrance of the school and walked straight to my class. It was still rather early, there was still a good half an hour before class started. I opened the door to my class, and saw that there weren't many people inside yet. I saw Kei sitting in her seat talking to her usual entourage. Shinohara, Matsushita and Satou were talking with Kei happily. As soon as I entered the classroom, Kei shot me a glance. I also happened to make eye contact with her and quickly swayed my head away, pretending to be interested in something else. She also blushed a bit, before continuing her talk with her friends.

Author's Note: I have no clue where the seats are located so im gonna do the classic, anime protagonist sitting near the window.

I could see the Ayanokouji group talking with each other. As soon as they saw me, they greeted me

"Hey Kiyopon, good morning!"

I knew who that voice belonged to. There was really only one person in the world who called me with that nickname. It was Haruka, the "mother" figure of the group.

"Good morning" I said.

I proceeded to go to my seat which was located near the window, at the back of the class. My seatmate, Horikita was already there. I greeted her good morning and sat down.

Time quickly passed and soon class had started. Homeroom usually came as the first period everyday. Chabashira sensei walked in, and the whole class stopped talking and went to their seats. They didn't want a repeat of the first month we were here, and to be honest, i didn't either.

"Today, is the day for the announcement of a new special exam. Are you all nervous?"

Ike Kanji, a classmate said

"Of course sensei, it's another special exam. How could we not be nervous?"

"Well you're right on that one Ike. This special exam consists of-"

Chabashira sensei hadn't even finished her sentence when a blinding light randomly appeared out of nowhere, engulfing the whole school in a matter of milliseconds.

My vision instantly turned white, which reminded me of my past.

But it was something else.

I woke up, my head hurting. My eyes feel a bit weird too, that bright light must've damaged my eyes a bit. It didn't seem like anything too serious though. I started to feel around, to help me further understand where I was. What is this? Grass? I kept feeling around. My vision had finally returned to normal, and my eyes could see as good as they could before, but not before my hands had landed on a squishy, yet soft substance. It seemed round. I squeezed it. I probably shouldn't have done that. I earned a stab to my arm, which felt like a compass. Oh no. Horikita i didn't mean to- ow. She had stabbed me with her compass, i accidentally groped her breasts. Does she carry around a compass everywhere? I immediately let go. Although part of me wanted to keep squeezing it, i resisted the urge. Horikita shot me a look.

"It seems we are in quite the predicament. Where are we? This doesn't feel like the school." Horikita asked.

"I wonder myself. I just recently woke up too."

We both stood up. It seemed we were on top of a hill. A clear, open grassland could be seen as far as the eyes could go. What are those? Monsters? A short, stubby green being could be seen a short distance away. Is that a goblin? I guess all those fantasy isekai lectures with the professor has payed off. It seems Horikita also saw the goblin.

"What is that?"
She asked.

"That's a goblin."
I said.

"A gob- what now?"
She couldn't understand what i said.