Kiyotaka Goes Out For A Walk

Ayanokoji POV
I had been tasked by the goddess of Space, Kotori, and the god of Time, Krishvad, to travel to Plyeas, to meet the Moon goddess, Naia.

I was told that traveling there wouldn't be a bother. Kotori could just send us through space and we'd be there.

Exploring the great oceanic depths was also part of the reason why I agreed to it. Everything that I remember reading in the books in the White Room, I wanted to see.

As I opened my eyes, I noticed that it was still in the middle of the night. Kei and Hiyori were both snuggled up beside me. They both were holding really tight on my arms.

I gently decided to pull my arms out, if they woke up, I'd probably just put them to sleep.

After a few minutes of trying, I finally managed to get both of my arms out. Since when did these girls get so strong?

There were a few times during the whole process where Kei slightly opened her eyes, but shut it soon after seeing me, and went back to sleep. This made the whole process take way longer than it should have.

After freeing myself, I decided to go out for a walk in the city. The desert gets unbelievably cold in the night, or so I've heard.

As I exited the Inn, I cast Thermal Adjustment to maintain standard body temperature. I use this skill sometimes to either heat myself up or cool myself down depending on the temperature.

As I enjoyed my leisurely walk, I could see that there weren't many people outside, and it was rather dark. The only source of light was from the nearby torches and oil lamps that were previously lit up.

I contemplated on my choices up until now. Knowing those two, Krishvad and Kotori, they probably know everytime I come to use the time leap, although I really have only used it now.

"Wrong."

Who was that? A voice could be heard from the dark alley.

"What?" (Kiyotaka)

"Fufu. I told you, it's wrong. They don't know."

I recognized that voice. It belonged to a white haired, petite individual, Sakayanagi.

Could she read my mind? I wonder how she knew what I was talking about.

"Fufu, not every little detail. I merely get small fractions of intel of what you think about. You're asking how I know? Fufu, that's for you to figure out."

"Isn't it dangerous for you to be walking around this late by yourself? Where's your lackeys?"

"Ah them? I sent them on a mission. I also find a momentary loneliness to be quite the enjoyment. Being surrounded by people gets really old after a while."

"I agree with you on that."

I still didn't know how she knew about what I was thinking, but ultimately narrowed it down to two choices.

1. She's receiving information from someone who CAN read my mind.

2. She herself can read my mind.

It was either of the two. Although I am leaning towards the second choice since no one is here, I can't make any decisions without factual evidence.

"I heard you're leaving for Plyeas soon? Why not take some of my guards with you? Like Kamuro-san? She's pretty reliable, and she seems like she wants to be with you."

"If she really does want to come, she'll have to say that to me herself."

"Fufu, alright then. I must go now. It's getting quite late. You should go back too. Your two girlfriends are probably missing you now."

"I'd like to enjoy this peace and quiet for a little bit longer please. But good night."

"Fufu yes, we shall meet again" she says so as she walks away. Faint sounds of her cane hitting the ground was all that could be heard in the silent night, until that too, disappeared.

I continued to rest on the bench I had been sitting on, until a good 10 minutes had passed. The cold wind only amplified the freezing temperature of the desert, so I decided to head back to the Inn.

If what Sakayanagi says is true, then if Krishvad and Kotori really don't know when I use time leap, then I could use it to my advantage.

Ah, thinking too much might make my brain explode. I continued on walking while admiring the city sights.

As I entered the Inn and into our room, I could still see Kei and Hiyori fast asleep on the bed, but Kei had tears on her cheek.

I decided to do what any normal boyfriend would do and give her a hug as I fell asleep.

Hehe boi.