Rumors Of An Ice Queen

Word around Norkanda had spread, about a certain skilled Ice magic user who slayed a red dragon.

This was quite rare, as dragons are known to be somewhere around the top of the list if you rank monsters based on how destructive they were.

The Guild had called Horikita and Matsushita the next day.

Horikita POV

We had been called by the Guild today. I walked alongside the road with Matsushita and began to talk to her about what they called us for.

Speculating wouldn't do anything though, so we began to move faster until we had reached the Guild.

As soon as we opened the door, joyous cries and cheers could be heard from the adventurers inside.

"Whoa! There's the Ice Queen!"
One adventurer said.

"Man, she's kinda hot. I'd hit it."
Another one said.

Ignoring the cat talk from the Guild members, Matsushita and I (sori if I got this wrong) headed towards the guild's reception.

"Horikita-san and Matsushita-san! Congratulations on defeating the dragon! Please accept this as a token of appreciation. Also, please come here. You two have been promoted to Iron Rank! Congratulations!"

"Man, that was fast. She just registered a few weeks ago." Someone said.

Our ranks in the Guild had ascended, and we had received a bag fillef with a generous amount of gold coins.

We had shipped in the dragon's scales and parts yesterday and asked the receptionist to Appraise them. The money gained from the dragon had been sent to the treasury of Class D, along with the parts.

The funds granted to us could be treated as spending money.

I separated from Matsushita as she said she wanted to go shopping. I left her in the stalls and began to move towards the east gate of the city.

After reminiscing about past events, I decided to head back to Class D's HQ.

The mansion was rather quiet. Usually you'd hear the seemingly endless voice of Ike-kun and Sudo-kun. But nothing could be heard, just the wind blowing.

I entered the HQ and was greeted by the faces of my classmates looking down. They had expressions of sadness, all clearly seen on each of their faces.

"Suzune.." Sudo-kun was the first one to speak up.

"Let me say it. It's my fault after al-"
Hirata stood up but was interrupted by the loud voices of people outside.

"No time for that. Let's check outside first." I said.

"All adventurers! Please head out immediately! We request your help in the subjugation of the Demon Army marching towards Norkanda!"

This was quite bad. Sudo rushed to the person who said that and grabbed him by the collar.

"How many are there!?!" Sudo asked.

"Hiee!?!! Ther- There's approximately 20,000 of them!"

Sudo let go of the man's collar in a hurry.

"Dammit! That's way too many!" Sudo was right. 20,000 demons wasn't a small number. Reports said that each of the enemy units were all riding Bicorns with wings. Multiple Griffons and Wyverns could be seen mixed in with the army.

The army of 20,000 had split up and were now attacking the North, East, South, West gates simultaneously. We divided Class D into 2 groups and went to the North and East gates.