The Apostles Of The Goddesses

*Picture is completely unrelated, just thought it looked cool. Hehe*

Horikita POV

When Norkanda was in danger, I received a gift from a certain cheery goddess. Her name was Eir, the water goddess. I had become her believer soon after meeting her.

Time Skip to after North Gate Battle

I was baffled by the power of the orb. The whole army of 5,000 was instantly defeated. Many adventurer's mouths were agape (not sure if that's a word.) upon seeing what had happened.

"The Ice Queen! She's just as strong as the rumors say!"
A certain adventurer said.

I didn't like that nickname. The power wasn't mine either, rather, it was just borrowed from the water goddess. I called upon her name in my head.

"Eir-sama."

"Hiya! I'm here. What's up?"

I was transported to a limitless lake. Water was the only thing visible as far as the eyes could see. The sound of my footsteps could be heard in the water, somehow, causing ripples.

A cheery goddess appeared in front of me and greeted me.

"Oh! It's my most recent believer! What brings you here today?"

"I just wanted to express my gratitude to you as a believer."

"Oh! It's all good. All to persuade you to join. Hehe..."

I ignored the latter part of that sentence.

"Why did you want me to join?"

"Oh! You see, otherworlders come by here in this world every now and then. You guys are very powerful. The goddesses of the Divine Realms all choose a "champion" from the batches of otherworlders and recruit them to their religion as an apostle. Well, I chose you, mostly because of your strong Water and Ice affinity, although your behaviour could use some work......" She said the last line quietly, but I could still hear it.

Out of gratitude, I ignored it.

"So! I'm choosing you as my representative to go to the banquet that is held once every century. The other goddesses will all send in their own representatives too! And yup! You can't refuse~"

After saying that, she left me and I returned to the real world. Time hasn't seem to have gone by, everyone was still cheering.

I grabbed Sudo and rushed to my classmates who were wounded.

"If you need help, just call me! ;)" I remembered Eir-sama saying this earlier.

We ran towards the bodies of our classmates.

"Suzune? What are you doing?"

"Shh!"

"Eir-sama, please grant this believer temporary power."

I had been notifed that I had learned a new skill, named "Full Restore". I used it on all our classmates, and they all regained consciousness after a few seconds.

"Waa! Horikita-san! Thanks for saving us!"

Many Class D students thanked me. I wasted no time and told those who could fight to join us at the East Gate to help Hirata-kun.

I was still feeling quite drowsy. As we headed to the East Gate I could feel the energy from my body seeping away little by little, until I passed out.

A familliar sight welcomed me. A tranquil, endless lake, and a cheery voice.

"Hey there! You need to rest! This is the first time you used my power, and frankly, your body can't handle it."