last night was just it

***The next morning***

Dante's POV

"Last night was amazing, this woman was everything , pure perfection. It's currently 6 Am Diana is still asleep and as i was admiring her my phone started to ring, i carefully got out of bed without waking Diana and walked away to answer.

"Hello?" 

"Santino, Santino.... Did you really think I wouldn't know that you're working with the black rose..."

"Clownface... "

"Oh cut the shit Santino I know that she told you my real name by now"

"You're right Rocco, she did, and I can't wait to get my hands on you and give her the honor of killing you."

"Tsk tsk don't say things like that now boy... now that i know you care for her safety, I'm gonna hurt you both...real bad, You better watch your girl closely, bye for now Santino"

That son of bitch how did he know I can't let him hurt her, I could show him that I don't care about her and tell her when she wakes up that last night was just it and that it didn't mean anything... But I'm not going to let a meaningless threat get to me or get her away from me."

After that Dante went back to bed and drifted to sleep. After a few more hours they both woke up.

"Morning doll... How you feeling?"

"I'm good, a little sore but I'll live"

"Good", giggled Dante "So why don't you tell me more about the mysterious Diana"

"Really? You want me to open up to you when I don't know anything about you?, well nice try idiot but no "

"Fair enough.. What do you want to know ?"

"What?..."

"What do you want to know, i meant what I said last night, and if i want you to be mine I might as well answer your questions."

"Wow oh okay, who was that man that you killed when we first went to find Rocco?"

"I thought you were going to start with favorite food or something like that but okay. That man was Rocco's father.."

"How? I thought his father died?"

"Well, so did I until I saw him in that secret room you found, he must have kept his father with him hidden the whole time, that old man had his death coming anyway, even though we thought he was dead"

"Oh okay, well you never told me, why are you after Rocco?"

"I'm not.. Well yes I am, the thing is i was after his father but when i heard he died, I decided to get my revenge on his son who appeared to be Rocco."

"That explains it, so you could have just told me to leave since you got your revenge , why didn't you?"

"Well you are annoying sometimes but still I managed to get attached to you somehow, I've never cared about anyone other than family before that's why i was being distant that was new to me."

"Aww big bad mafia leader turned soft.."

"I am not soft."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night big boy, but why were you after his father anyway?"

"He killed my parents, I was 15, I was training then suddenly we heard gunshots so I went to grab a gun but I peeked through the door and found Rocco's father holding a gun to my fathers head while my mother was laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood."

"Oh, I'm so sorry Dante"

"It's not your fault don't worry about it. Now it's my turn! Did Rocco kill your father?"

"How did you... Yes he did"

"Doll, it's okay i get it, he might have slipped out that he killed the black rose's father and that he wanted to kill you too now"

"That's no secret and it's fine, my father was the only man i looked up to the only man I've ever loved.."

"So you've never been in love?"

"No have you?"

"No, I don't know what it feels like, I've never been in love, nothing serious. So now why do you call yourself the black rose?"

"Well my favorite flower is the black rose, it's dark and beautiful at the same time."

"Just like you, powerful, dark, strong, independent. But i think you should change your name to black doll!"

"Why would i do that?"

"Well i call you doll because you look like one, and black just for the power."

"Funny, I'll think about it big boy "

"Good, now why don't you tell me about that fiance of yours? And how did YOU get in an arranged marriage?"