closed to suggestions

I slam the door open. "Guess what Henny! I found one of those tapey thingy's you like so much!"

Henry's head pokes out of the doorway but the second he sees the tape he comes over to investigate.

"Who is on it?"

"Don't know."

"Well we may as well talk over some bacon soup. Me and Sammy just made some."

We all head into the kitchen. It's small and there's a wooden table in the room.

I plop down into one of the wooden chairs next to Henry.

The tape is set on the table but nobody's really interested in it.

"So where'd you find it?" Sammy asks.

I stick my tongue out at the soup. "The pond."

"I've never seen that one before." Henry says, batting off a spoon I tried to shove in his mouth.

"Yeah..That's weird..do ya think that means there's a way out here?"

"Maybe..."

"Ok if it's good enough for ya its good enough for me. I'm open for suggestions! How do you think we get free?" I grinned.

"Maybe since humans started this we have to make a human sacrfic-"

I grab Henry and pull him against my side. "I am closed to suggestions!"

........

I try and fail to squirm out of the ink demon's grip. Ink is getting all over my face but honestly I've been through worse at this point.

I wipe ink off my face coughing. "Have you actually tried listening to the tape?"

"Nope! There's no time like the present though!" The demon clicked on the recording.

"This is the voice of Joey Drew." I felt the hair on my neck stand up.

"If you are listening to this I assume things have gone well, and my plan has gone into fruition."

Bendy scoffed but pulled me into a hug, resting his chin on my head.

"I hope everyone has accepted their roles, as humans and as cartoons."

"To escape what feels like a job, or a torcher device, you must accept what you are completely. And don't try to hard Henry!"

The tape clicked off. Silence filled the room.

Ink dripped onto my nose.

Then, "That's it!? That's really it?!" Sammy yelled.

"Old crackpot Joey made a recording just to say something dumb and usless?!" He screeched.

The ink demon just laughed. Long and hard.

I tried to keep a straight face but soon I was laughing along.

"PFF- I hope y'all accepted your roles!" The demon snorted. "Cause you're gonna be stuck that way for a while!"

I laughed so hard it hurt.

Sammy just looked at the table and then back at us as if we needed serious help.

Bendy finally got a hold of himself after a few minutes, but Sammy was furious

"What was that all about!? Why are you so happy? That recording just said we're totally screwed!"

He stuck out his tongue. "Then we'll deal with it sheep boy."

I tried to act rationally. "Ok, the recording said 'you must accept what you are completely' what do you think that means?"

"We're so screwed." Sammy huffed.

"Yeah, ya know what else it said? Don't try too hard Henry." The demon supplied. "He's setting you up to fail."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But if people can get in they can get out right?"

"Have you ever heard of a trap?" Sammy grumbled.

........

Henry sat next to me listening to that stupid recording over and over again.

It had been hours since we had first heard it but he was determined there was some sort of secret message or something.

"C'mon..." He whispered. "Just one new thing..."

I chuckled nuzzling his face. "Do you think this might be what Joey meant not to do?"

He shot me a glare.

"Hey." I pulled him into a hug. "Don't glare at me. I'm sensitive."

"Yeah and maybe I'm a jellyfish."

"My jellyfish~" I teased.

His face glows a light pink. "N-no I'm not."

"Su-u-ure."

He sighed. "You think we'll ever get outta here?"

I smile. "No doubt Henny."