Helping

Curled up like a house cat, I lay on the floor.

It had been decided.

I wasn't going to move.

I was going to lay here in the dark.

On the floor.

Not doing anything.

I was going to lay here until the pain went away.

Or...until I lost myself to it.

......

Pulling the lever, I hoisted myself up onto the boat.

I was almost half way to the ink demons lair already, and in minutes I would be even closer.

The boat ride flew past, this time not even clogging up with ink globs.

It made me wonder how much the ink demon had been tampering with me on the way there those past times.

How hard he must have been trying to keep me away.

The boat suddenly stuttered to a stop, nearly throwing me over the sides.

I steadied myself and hopped off the boat.

A few lost ones glanced over at me, but other than that, no one seemed to give my arrival a second thought.

I hesitated a bit at the archway, preparing for Sammy to jump out and scream at me, before realizing how utterly stupid I was being.

I quickly broke the boards away with an axe laying nearby and stepped through the doorway.

Heading directly for the wooden boards, I jumped down.

The rest breezed by, and soon I was standing in front of the archway to the ink machine room.

Except, It was completely boarded up.

In large messy letters, the boards said. 'FUCK OFF.'

Fortunately for Bendy, I did not 'fuck off' but instead broke the boards and ducked inside.

Ink veins danced on the walls inside. The patterns were so dark, It made the area seem dimmer somehow.

I gently set down the axe by the exit and wandered inside.

'IT'S ALL THE SAME' 'WE'RE ALL A LITTLE DEAD INSIDE, BUT ME? I'M COMPLETELY DEAD' 'HAH' 'HERE WE GO AGAIN' 'HURTING HURTS' Were inked on the walls over and over again.

Hugging my arms I continue down the hall, each word drilling guilt into me.

After passing rows and rows of test tubes I reached the all too familiar throne room.

The room looked completely the same, other than the inky demon curled up on the floor.

I wanted so bad to run over and hug him, kiss him and tell him that it would be ok.

But I can't. It would just confuse the poor demon even more.

I stepped forward, flinching when the ink demon perked up at the sound.

"Get out of here."

My brain suddenly decided my eyes need to sweat.

I decided not to let them.

"I can help."

The inky mound reformed into the ink demon, who popped up inches from my face.

Teeth bared he glared down at me, his warm breath brushing my face. "Get. Out. Now."

"N-no, I'm going to help you." It was all I could do to keep from shaking.

The demon kicks me to the ground, the 'i'mmna fucking kill ya' grin now on his face.

I fell to the ground, surprised by the sudden attack.

"Get out or I'll make you." The ink demon repeated.

I shook my head, narrowly avoiding another blow. "I'm not leaving you."

The demon hits me once again and I taste blood.

I stand up and scramble away, trying to figure out my next move.

If I stay here, I'll die. But if I leave I'll hate myself, AND nothing gets fixed.

So I guess I'm just going to have to be a pacifist.

"Fine. You wanna fight?" He growls. "Lets fight."

Bendy dives at me, his claws cutting my cheek.

I dive behind a pile of rubble. "I don't-" Goose. "Want to fight you!"

The ink demon catches me off guard grabbing my neck and pinning me against the wall, ending the fight as quickly as it had begun.

He gives a cold laugh. "Wow, real cute Henny. Lemme guess, you were going easy on me?"

I don't dare respond and we stand there in silence for a moment.

"Well, any last words? Perhaps a someone will stop you? Tell my family I loved them?" The demon mocked.

I tilted my head upwards to look at him. "How about, 'I love you'?"

The demon paused and tilted his head. "I love-?"

Realization snaps in his features as if he were reawakening from a dream.

"I love you too I guess."

The ink demon smirks and leans in for a kiss.

"Ya know Henny, even when ya look like shit you're amazingly attractive~."