Unsavory Fellow.

I pulled the shirt over my head as I stood by my car, just blankly staring at my reflection in the car window.

My lips are busted and dabbled with congealed blood, while sticky globs of ink are smeared in my hair and some drips down my face.

And don't even get me started on my clothes, you don't want to know.

The sickening taste of ink coats the inside of my mouth and throat, and when I spit it's a gross watery gray.

SMASH-

I whip around, just in time to see a black and white blur drop from the second story window before falling into a dead bush in front of the hotel doors.

The ink demon has crashed down into the bush, and I can tell he's staring directly at me.

My eyes widen as I watch this thing scramble out of the bush, obviously coming right for me.

"HEN-" He starts to yell, but then his other leg gets stuck in the bush and he trips face first into the sidewalk.

I pop the door of my car open, get in, and shut and lock the door.

I really don't need any of this right now. I had tried to fix things between us, and all I got was being flipped out on and taken advantage of.

The ink demon pulls himself off of the cement, and heads over to my car. He presses his hands against the glass, his breath fogging up the window.

"Look, I'm a shit head, I dunno what came over me. I'm sorry." His words are muffled through the glass separating us, and I want it to stay that way.

A huff escapes my busted lips, and I just put the car into drive. The demon then runs in front of the car, and I hit him.

"Oh gosh-" I inhaled sharply, completely unexpecting to hit him. Leaning forward in my seat I checked to see if he was ok.

His claws were dug into the front of my car, and a second later he pulled himself back up.

The ink demon climbs up onto the hood of the car, and then onto the roof, his tail still slightly in view of the windshield.

I try to scrape him off with a windshield wiper but he's already on top of my car.

BEEP BEEP BEEEEEP

The car horn screams at me as I slam my head against the steering wheel over and over again.

I feel eyes on me and I look up, finding the demon staring at me. He's frowning and chirps at me.

His chirps are muffled through the glass and I glare at him. "Oh ho ho, so you're a bird again now, let me guess, you want a bird bath in my mouth?!"

This makes a look of guilt flash across his face, but I don't believe he regrets it for a second, that demon was absolutely elated to get his hands on me.

I bang my head against the wheel a few more times before slamming my foot against the pedal, pulling out of the parking lot.

On a normal day, I would be concerned about the ink demon sitting on the roof of my car as I drove on the freeway, but right now I just don't care. So he wants to put his life in danger, not my problem.

Pulling into the driveway beside Linda's car I put the car into park, slamming my door shut behind me.

The ink demon is still on the roof of my car, a few twigs still sticking out of his ink from the bush.

"Well we're here, this is the moment you've been waiting for, the one you debated killing me over." I snap backhandedly, walking up to the door and ringing the bell.