On Camera

((O - 0) Yes this is that douchebag Joeys P.O.V)

I smiled contentedly at the screen, the show was going well.

Tons of viewers had complimented the CGI on the ink monster characters, none of them smart enough to realize how it was almost too real.

It was kind of a shame though, the episodes from the past months mostly focusing on the side characters, like Sammy and Norman with the occasional Alice and Henry, but it was missing something.

Some demon more specifically.

That thing had been a fan favorite from the start, but there were no cameras in the deepest layers of the studio where it had mysteriously disappeared to.

It had been a bit of a cut back, viewers losing interest and simply skipping every other show.

So, to regain interest, I was going to bring the characters to the overworld for a signing event. It was a genius idea really, after Henry and everyone else saw how amazing the show was and how many followers their little stunts had gained, they wouldn't hold any grudges and would be grateful to go.

I closed my twitter page and pulled up the cameras, quickly flipping through them to see if I could get any more of their fan-beloved runarounds before the meet and greet.

Unfortunately, the cams were empty, so I settled on heading over to the intercom immediately.

I may as well get them up here a day prior to the signing to get them all spruced up for the fans and looking decent for once in their existence.

Opening the intercom app, -which was now ancient-, I cleared my throat.

"Hello monsters of the studio! You will be happy to hear that tomorrow you are going to be heading with me to a signing with people in high places! I expect your very best behavior! To all the small workers, stay where you are, you are unneeded and unwanted! The doors will be opening, don't take this amazing opportunity for granted!"

Clicking the intercom off I went back to tweeting random and very helpful homophobic cis shit.

After a bit I glanced at my gold plated watch.

I had opened the doors no less than one minute after the announcement, and no one had even showed up yet.

"How rude."

I clicked my pen, berating my editors for last minute changes before counting my ad revenue, still no one showed.

The door in the kitchen then clicked open and then shut, the sound of something casually entering a room. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I heard heavy foot falls heading to my location.

I cleared my throat as a shadow fell across my chair like an eclipsing sun of demise.

"Mr. Drew." A low growl was held behind the name, as if I were a particularly nasty disease.

The voice ran shivers down my spine, or rather the being behind the voice, the ink demon.

I turned around in the chair to face the beast, a calm smile masking my apprehension. "M-mr. Ink demon! How...Wonderful to see you!"

The twisted cartoon had an unimpressed look on its face. "I can't say the same thing for you."

I clasped my hands together, glancing around the room searching for the other workers I had requested. I had only heard the door open and close briefly and it didn't look like anyone other than the ink beast had showed up.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are the others, I arranged to see them too y'know."

The demon eyed a gun on the wall, a light squealing sound heard as he ran a finger down the polished metal. "Well, the way they got how they are wasn't exactly a particularly great experience or unknown, so you'll just have tah deal with me as their proxy."

I nodded as if I cared that they had died at my hand. It was really just a good investment and nothing of a crime.

"Not that bad if you ask me, I got a new show with all the footage of you all fucking around....Anyway! The signing will be happening in a field a small distance from the studio, there will be security so don't get any ideas! I expect your best behavior and you and the others will be dressed up for the event, which will last for 5 hours, it's not that long so you all will be expected to smile all the time, and answer any questions that viewers might have."

The cartoon raised an eyebrow. "And after the signing?"

"After the event you all will go back into the studio and repeat the loop as always, this is simply a publicity event, not a chance for you all to run free, you would never make it by yourselves out there you are nothing without me and you are all so lucky that I have given you this opportunity."

"Sure Jo Jo, we'll play nice at your little publicity stunt." The row of sharp teeth glinted in the light of my desk lamp, opening and closing with every deep silky word the demon spoke. It was no wonder the beast was a fan favorite.

"So, it's a deal then? You're all going to the signing?" I spoke, already over with this conversation.

The beast hummed, a large smirk on its face.

"Oh, we'll be there."