The Event. (Part 1)

(A/N) I started writing this chapter and realized  this will probably take 3 parts to finish. :)

I hung around the doorway gazing at the door as if shit would go down at any second. Bendy could handle him, I was sure, but still.

This whole thing was so random! It didn't make any sense how Joey suddenly wanted them in the real world, he had never tried to get us out before!

Susie stood next to me, Sammy on my other side with the tons of lost ones behind us, all of us waiting for a gunshot or a scream or something.

But for five minutes, it was silent.

I'm not talking about the silence you fall asleep or relax to, it's the kind of silence that keeps your muscles tense, ready to bolt into action at any moment.

The door then opened and Joey stood there, the tension only thickening to an even more uncomfortable degree.

No one made a move toward the man, but you could just feel the mood turning sour.

He scowled. "Well chop chop people, we have a show to get ready for!"

After a while of no one moving, the music director sighed and finally stepped forward and crossed through the doorway.

Everyone then shifted forward, slowly filtering into the bright doorway until me and Susie were the last ones left.

She gave me a final pat on the back before heading into the door as well.

Now it was just me and Joey.

I give the man a sharp glare before walking over to the door, surprised when Joey put out a hand, offering a handshake.

After the hell he put me through, just for a tv show, he wanted to shake hands?

I hesitated before accepting, practically being able to hear his bones pop when I death gripped his hand.

Too bad I can't do that to your throat, you lying bastard.

Joey raised an eyebrow with his eyes widening, making me realize I had said it out loud. But I just pushed past him into the apartment.

The second I was in the crisp light of Joey's apartment I was immediately light headed. It felt like I was slogging through maple syrup, like the imaginary liquid was pooling around my legs, making it hard to walk.

I pushed through the doorway, successfully making it into the apartment which was now crowded with the other ink creatures.

I felt a bit lightheaded, but I was fine, we had all gotten out. We would be until Joey got bored of us.

Spotting my demon I navigated through the crowd of inky bodies until I reached his side.

"This is really stupid. Joey is going to get bored of us and that's going to cause an unexplainable scene.." A huff of annoyance escaped my lips.

The demon bent down to my level in a way that made me feel like I were a stupid child who couldn't understand something simple. "Hey, just trust me alright? I've got this under control, no one is going to get hurt."

A second loud huff of disbelief escaped my lips. "I doubt that, but alright."

He gave me a grin and a quick peck on the cheek before standing back to full height. "Mwah. Now c'mon, we gotta get prissed up for this social shit."

I nodded and we headed our separate ways.

.....

Soon I was dressed and ready for the event. The way I look just felt... fake. I had practically been through hell and back, and now that I looked normal, well, it didn't really feel like I was really the person I saw in the mirror.

Seeing my brown hair not slicked back by ink or splattered with it just made it feel like it wasn't mine. It just didn't feel real. I looked too clean to be Henry Stein, demon charmer extraordinaire.

I sighed and pulled the ends of my black bowtie, puffing it out a bit more before I headed back to the others.

The lost one look per usual, Joey of course not having enough money to suit all of them, nor planning that the ink demon would drag all of his subjects along.

Susie and Sammy on the other hand, were fully 'prissed up' as Bendy called it.

Susie wore a knee length midnight black dress held up by a singular strap. A pentagram shaped cut was placed at the neckline, a silver pentagram charm sewed to the loop of fabric tied around her hips, the whole dress complimenting her curves rather nicely. (Plus, of course her signature high heels)

Sammy wore a much simpler get up, dark black overalls with straps and a white button up shirt all tied together with a black bowtie similar to mine, a scowl firmly placed across his face.

All of us seemed to be checking out the others getting up, amused smirks appearing on mine and the angel's face as Sammy continued scowling.

Susie laughed. "Damn guys, who died?"

I chuckled. "Not like yours is any better, looks like you're about to go to an edgy teenage slumber party."

We laughed a bit more, the music director now directing his scowl at us.

Joey then reappeared, and we were all guided out to our stands.

The stands were more like small tables with white cloths spread out in the field of tall yellow grass with a large wooden stage behind it, most likely where the main event would happen if there was one.

I took a deep breath, letting the fresh air fill my lungs as I sat down. The grass bristled under my feet as I swung them back and forth under the table cloth.

Bendy seemed to be just as excited as I was, if not more, struggling to look as apathetic as he normally did as he flopped down in the field a few yards away from his desk. I grinned, only imagining the sheer amount of purring the demon must be doing.

Joey led the lost ones behind the stage, most likely to keep them out of sight of the viewers that had already started gathering behind the metal barriers, eagerly waiting for the signing to start.

I shifted slightly, running a hand through my hair.

A few minutes later Joey came out from behind the wooden stage to open up the barriers, the mob pushing and shoving their way inside like a pack of hungry animals.

The ink demon sat up, now fully aware of the crowd of people making their way over to us. The spikes on his back standing up.

The other main events seemed just as squeamish at this as well, me being no exception.

Just as the crowd was starting to get too out of control, some people were already reaching out to touch us before the bouncers showed up and made them form lines for the stands.

This was going to be a looong day...