Waffles for the Sick

My elbow rested on the wooden counter as I waited for the waffles to finish.

When the studio was still running, all the employees would go behind Joeys back and have something they called, 'Waffle Wednesday, and any other day we can get away with it.'

Personally, I hated cooking, but when I found a bag of who knows how old waffle mix, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat something different than bacon soup.

The ancient waffle iron beeped signaling that the waffles were done.

I pried the waffles off with a fork and onto the teetering tower I had already made, placing them on the table.

"Henny!" I yelled to the stairs. "There's food down here!"

My tail swung back and forth as I waited for a response.

Silence.

"Alrighty, I'm coming up! If ya have anything illegal, you should probably hide it!"

Pulling a tray out of thin air, I shoved all the stuff onto it and climbed the stairs to the bedroom.

When I got to the door, I loudly slammed it open and stepped inside.

"..what are you doing?"

Henry was half in, half out of bed, tangled up in a mess of blankets while smiling awkwardly at me.

"So uh...I got stuck." He shyly smiled.

Rolling my eyes, I set the waffles down on the bureau drawers and grabbed the man, pulling him completely onto the bed again.

He made this sort of muffled choking sound, I could only assume was coughing.

I ignored it at the time, shoving the silver tray into his lap.

"Wow." Henry grinned, seeming just as excited as me. "Where did you get these?"

I took my place on the edge of the bed, also grinning. "Waffle Wednesday."

The man reached for a fork before stabbing into a few waffles on his plate.

He took a bite before drenching them in syrup.

"So, how'd they taste~?" I ask.

Henry shakes his head before swallowing real serious-like. "The. Best."

I laugh.

"Can you move some blankets off?" He mumbles. "It kinda hot in here.."

"Are you joking?" I chuckle. "It practically freezing in here."

Henry goes into a fit of coughing, and this time I can't help but notice.

I smirked slightly. "Is the all powerful Henry-" *le gasp* "Sick?!"

The cartoonist shook his head, several times, as if that would get the point across better.

Stabbing a fork into the waffles, I steal a touch at Henry's head.

The waffles was crispy and buttery on my tongue- Completely Perfect.

"Yup." I say through a mouthful of waffle. "You're hot."

"Ha-ha." Henry muttered, a deep blush on his face.

"That, AND you have fever." I nodded.

"Do not." He mumbled.

I stood up from the bed, brushing invisible crumbs from my legs. "Yeah ya do."

Pulling the top drawer open, I chucked some clothes at Henry, successfully hitting him in the face.

Henry pulled it off his face and eyeing it suspiciously. "Is this a dress?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Its pajamas. Besides, you'd look better in a tux anyway."

"Oh."

"Now go and put on alright? Preferably, somewhere where I cannot see you."

Henry went into the bathroom, and minutes later, I heard the shower start, and Henry scream about 'Cold AF water'  cracking me up.

......

After the freezing cold shower, I got dressed, combed my hair, and headed back in the bedroom.

Bendy lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"So uh..what do you think..?" I rubbed my arm awkwardly as the demon looked me over silently.

Truth be told, the pj's were amazingly comfortable, a nice shade of deep black. It was a 2 piece with a hood that had 2 horns sewn to it.

The ink demon had now sat up, and was grinning like crazy at me. "Do you want the truth-or a lie?"

I bite my lip, can't helping but smile. "Both..?"

"The truth- ya look fucking adorable Stein. The lie-It makes ya look..Supa mature." He snorted out.

I laughed at his response, but halfway through it broke into a throat burning cough.

He patted the bed next to him with a smirk. "Get over here Henny."

I stride over to the bed, sitting next to the demon.

Bendy hums, flicking the fake horns on my hoodie.

"Are we just gonna sit here or..?" I chuckle despite my headache.

The demon pinned my against the bed, kissing me several times, making me laugh. "Bendy-" I half laughed-half coughed. "I'm sick!"

"That's a lame excuse." He laughs in return. "C'mon, beg for mercy!"

Bendy starts tickling me and I lose it. "Stop-Stop! Mercy!" I shrill.

He stops for a moment as if thinking it over. "Lemme think about...hmm. No."

I tackle Bendy to the bed, sitting on his chest battling him with a pillow in between coughing fits.

The door suddenly clicks open and both of us freeze in place.

Alice stares wide eyed at us, and we stare back.

"Omigosh. I. Am. So. Sorry." And the door shuts.

We hear the stairs creak under the her heels as they head down the stairs.

The door clicks shut, and we break out laughing.

"Did she think we were-?" "I think so-"

Noticing I was distracted, the demon ripped the pillow from my hands and sat up, making me fall back onto the bed.

 Soon we both calmed down and simply settled for cuddling on the bed.

I layed my head on his chest as he hugged me to his side.

"Thanks for the waffles."

"You are welcome."

"Thanks for loving me."

"You are totally worthy of my love, Henry. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise."

Achoo!

"DID YOU JUST SNEEZE ON ME?!"