It's gonna work.

I was done with the last newspaper in the studio.

All of them had something similar, it was either about the studio opening, Joey being a creepy fuck, or it going into bankruptcy.

Nothing that would help with the current situation.

My lord slammed the door open dragging Henry in by his collar. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear." I said almost matter of factly.

"Y'know another saying like that? It's called 'walk into the same room as someone you want dead and they shall speak'." He growled.

I paused before saying. "No, I didn't know there was one like that. Thank you for informing me."

A moment passes until I realize why the demon is dragging the sheep around.

He's unconscious.

I stand up almost knocking my chair over. "What did you do to Henry?!"

He ignores me and continues effortlessly dragging the man down the hall.

Standing tall I walk over to him and walk by his side. He doesn't even glance over.

I gaze up at his ink covered face. No expression is shown. I clear my throat.

"I said, what did you do to Henry!" I practically shout.

He moves his fingers like ghosts in the old cartoons. "Something so terrible you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me." I challenge, but he brushes me off. "I don't think I will."

I'm actually starting to get concerned now. I grab his free wrist.

It looks at me as if I'm a stupid child about to get smacked. "Let go if you want to continue living sheep boy."

I swallow my fear. "What did you do!?"

The ink from his face drips onto my mask making me flinch. "Nothing."

"What happened then?!" Why isn't he telling me?!

He tilts his head to the side. "You really are concerned over one little sacrifice."

I narrow my eyes. "You really are protective of one little human."

He bristles. "I don't have time for this right now."

"How did I ever worship you?! If you have a problem you run away from it!"

"I never told you to, or wanted you to!" He roars. "You did all of that by yourself!"

I rip off my mask and throw it on the ground. "Does Henry even know how you feel?!"

"Do you even know how I feel? Oh wait. I don't feel. I'm a fucking demon for hells sake!"

"Then why do you care so much?! Why is he here!?" I shot back.

The demon goes silent and starts walking away as if the whole thing hadn't happened.

I trail after him. "What are you so afraid of?!" I press.

He continues down the hall, but his posture is different now, defensive.

I'm serious now. "Why? What are you afraid of?"

"Shut up." He growls.

"No-" The demon cuts me off. "Just shut up."

A tense silence settles over us. The demon doesn't want to talk but I want answers.

Then someone yawns. "What did I miss?" It's Henry.

The ink demon lets go of his collar letting him slump to the floor.

"Nothin' much." He says cheerfully, although there's an edge to his voice.

......

"Okay..." I can tell Henry doesn't believe me but thankfully he doesn't press.

He stands up and stretches. "Since we're all here we may as well listen to that tape."

Henry always looks on the bright side. That might be one of the reasons he's so amazing.

I glance over at Sammy and earn a glare. I shrug.

"How 'bout we don't listen to the recording." I suggest.

Henry continues smiling. "Okay...What else then?"

I frown. "I don't know.."

"Ok. Listening to the recording it is." Henry says.

And so we listen to the stupid recording..

Over and over and over again.

Soon Sammy leaves claiming that there's not enough bacon soup.

It's a lie of course, but the recording is so boring I don't even care.

Henry is slumped over the table paper and pen in hand writing it down.

I peer over his shoulder. The first few lines are his thoughts and the rest are drawings.

I stare at it awhile longer. "We are so dumb.."

Henry glances up at me. "What?"

"The reel! That's what!" I grin.

"That's always how you get out of the loop right?"

Henry frowns. "Yeah..But it never works. I always end up back here."

"How?" I ask. "Well joey says something about me trying harder and then I come back in through the door to the studio."

"What if you told him no?" He sighs. "I don't think it's a choice."

"There's always a choice." I respond.

"But what if-" I turn Henry to look at me. "Hey. It's gonna work."

"But-" I bend down locking our lips together in a short kiss.

"It's going to work."

Henry just stares at me, a bit of ink smudged on his face.

Tears started to prick in his eyes and I think I messed up but then he says: "Thank you."

He hugs me and I hug back. Afraid that if I let go he'll disappear.

I smile. "What are friends for?"

Henry pulls back a smile on his face, "We're more than that and you know it."

Grabbing my bowtie he pulls me down into another kiss.

"I love you, Bendy, always have and always will."