5

Chapter Five:
____________________________________________

"A mixed emotion, a state of mind, infatuation of a different kind.
Hesitation's holding me back from you, fascination's drawing me near.
There's a strange reaction caught between attraction and fear."

The loud beating of my heart scared me

The loud beating of my heart scared me. What if someone were to hear it? It would be so embarrassing even though I, very well, knew that no one would be able to do so.

The blood rush to my ears could be felt with the heightened and alarmed senses at the moment.

It had been exactly ten minutes since that mysterious man left and I still felt jumpy and on edge.

How could one person affect another this much?

My skin still felt like it was on fire from where he touched it. Did touching someone of the opposite gender always feel like this? Being in physical contact with someone other than my brothers?

I wouldn't know, I thought.

Closing my eyes for a brief moment, in hopes of collecting and calming myself, I exhaled deeply and ran a shaky hand through my long, semi-wet locks.

A knock erupted on the door, startling me and pouring cold water on my efforts of the evening my breaths out. I, timidly, walked towards the door and twisted the doorknob before opening it and coming face to face with a young, probably a teen, maid.

"You're beautiful." the compliment slipped from my mouth before I could stop it and she looked up in shock.

Her raven hair were tied in a neat, high ponytail and chocolate brown eyes were staring back at me in fear.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to be afraid of me." I told her quietly.

"Sorry, miss. I'm Sarah, Master sent me here to show you around so you can get familiar with the place as soon as possible." she informed me.

"Oh, I'm Eirene." I introduced myself.

"I'm well aware, miss. I can see why the master chose to marry you." she said after she started to get a little more comfortable than before.

I smiled faintly at her and stepped out closing the door behind me.

We made small talk during our exploring and I got to know a couple of things about her like she's eighteen and her family has been serving the Pantazis for almost forty years now. Her mother is the head supervisor in their other mansion and Layla is the head maid here but she's more of a mother figure to her 'Master.'

"What's his name?" I asked the question that has been bugging me all along.

"That's for me to tell you, baby girl." A deep, husky voice spoke from behind me making me jump and place a hand over my heart.