23

Chapter Twenty Three:
____________________________________________

"'Cause baby, when you're gone
All it does is rain, rain, rain down on me
Each drop is pain, pain, pain when you leave."

The second I opened the front door of our house, a hard body slammed in mine with full force causing me to stumble a few steps back

"I missed you so much." His voice came out muffled and I quickly recovered from my shock before wrapping my arms around him.

"Aw, Alec. I missed you, too." I said back and ruffled his hair as he squeezed my shoulders one last time before pulling away.

"Move, pig." Anna sassed as she came in my view.

Alec grumbled something under his breath and moved to let Anna hug me.

"We've been waiting for you to come home for ages!" Anna exaggerated with a loud huff as she threw all her body weight on mine.

I rubbed her back and my heart warmed at their gestures.

"I am so sorry. Actually, I stopped at a café to get some doughnuts for us." I told the both of them, after Anna released me, and gave the box to Anna who was literally jumping in joy.

"I love you!" both of them exclaimed simultaneously and I chuckled.

"I love you both, too. Now, I've to shower so I'll be back in fifteen minutes and we can order pizza." I said.

"Pizza sounds absolutely delicious!" Alec chided.

"Exactly. But mom sent food for you, too. It's in the fridge, we can have it tomorrow?" Anna asked expectantly.

"Sure." I smiled at both of them and made my way upstairs.

When I entered my room, I got my phone out of my bag and left a quick text to Darius, informing him that I am home even though he hadn't responded to any of my texts so far.

I place my phone on the nightstand and grab a plain black t-shirt with leggings before heading to shower.

Fifteen minutes later, I made my way downstairs and heard a couple of voices coming from the living room. I frowned in confusion and quickened my pace only to find Aegeus, Angelo, and Helena chatting with the twins.

Angelo was the first one to spot me and instantly stood up from his chair before smiling at me. I grinned, genuinely happy, and ran straight into his opened arms.

"Hey, angel." He greeted and kissed the top of my head.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Helena were coming over, too?" I asked and placed my head on his shoulder.

"It was last minute. I was at the club finishing up some paperwork when she came over with Aegeus." He told and I smiled.

"I am glad you're here." I whispered and moved to hug Aegeus and Helena.