53

Chapter Fifty Three:
____________________________________________

"If the lights could lead you here, would you go?
If your arms were strong enough to hold me dear, would you let go?
If the stars were out tonight how would we know?
Falling through the leaves of last season's clothes."

"I am so very sorry, Leah

"I am so very sorry, Leah. You had to do everything by yourself." I apologized and gently squeezed her shoulder.

She let out a small yet beautiful smile, "It's no problem, Eirene. I already told you. Besides, your mother-in-law was pretty awesome and a great help, of course."

I smiled gratefully in return and took a sip of my coffee. Because of Angelo being hospitalized, I was unable to visit the caterers and do other chores and Leah and Elizabeth had to do all the preparations by themselves. She said she did not mind but I felt bad that she had to run all the errands without my help.

"Where's your grump today?" She asked after placing the now empty mug on the table.

I chuckled, "He's awfully grumpy today so I preferred that he stay in his office."

She laughed throwing her head back, "Oh my God! He can get grumpier than that?"

I nodded my head, "Not with me, though."

"Of course, not!" She winked and we both chuckled.

"Anyways, I must leave, now. Got to wake up early tomorrow and see the venue to make sure everything goes smooth on your big day." She said while standing up from her seat.

I frowned, "You should take a break tomorrow. We still have a couple of days left."

She gasped aloud, "EXCUSE ME?! A COUPLE OF DAYS?!" She walked over to my side and grabbed me by the shoulders, "Eirene, honey." She paused and looked at me in pity while shaking her head.

My eyes widened in surprise, "Leah, y-" She cut me off just as I started to speak.

"Your wedding is literally three days from now, THREE!" She rolled her eyes. "My sweet child, this is your first time, that's why you don't understand how there's still so much work left."

"Uh, Leah, first and last." I added, uncomfortably, trying to get out of her vice-like grip.

She nodded her head vigorously, "Of course, my dear, of course."

I gave her a tight-lipped smile as she stared at me with wide eyes, "Um, Leah?" I called and signaled her to let go of me with my head.

Her face dropped and she released my shoulders, "I went too deep in the character." She sighed out and flipped her hair.

"Which character?" I asked, trying not to laugh at her cute antics.

"My character. I have multiple." She replied in a 'duh' tone.