20

Chapter Twenty:
____________________________________________

"You can feel the light start to tremble,
Washing what you know out to sea.
You can see your life out the window tonight.
If I lose myself tonight,
It'll be by your side."

"Where are we going?" I heard her ask as soon as we hit the road

"It'll take only fifteen minutes." I answered, instead.

I glanced at her briefly to see her shaking her head with a small smile, "You're not gonna tell me, are you?"

I smirked and shook my head in response.

About fifteen minutes later, I parked outside a restaurant and got out of the car before throwing the keys to a valet. I rounded the car to open the door for Eirene and put my hand forward for her.

"Thank you." She whispered as she placed her hand in mine and got out of the car.

I gave her a nod and we proceeded to make our way inside as the guard opened the door for us.

"Reservation for Darius Pantazis." I told the manager at the reception before he could get a chance to greet us.

A mixture of shock and fear crossed his face before he cleared his throat and spoke up, "Right, Sir. Please, follow me."

I feel Eirene's hand tighten around mine as we pass a swarm of people seated throughout the restaurant.

I squeeze her hand in reassurance and look down at her, "It's going to be alright, Κούκλα." I whispered and she looked up with those big, innocent eyes which made me wanna kiss the absolute life out her so I looked ahead.

I could feel the stares of many people on the side of my face but I chose to ignore them, like I always did.

The manager led us to the back of the restaurant and opened a door before we followed him outside to the balcony.

Eirene gasped, causing me to look at her, as she surveyed the secluded area. I had called the restaurant personally and instructed them to arrange a spot for us that is far from the eyes of other people because I knew how much Eirene was not fond of social gatherings.

A table for two was set up in the middle with a bunch of fresh lavenders resting in a vase and a candle beside it to complete the look.

I had called Angelo to ask about Eirene's flower preference.

From up there, we could easily view the moonlight reflecting on the sea, which was just beside the balcony, making the overall scenery appear serene.

"Here you go, sir. I hope the setting is to your liking." The manager spoke.

"It is." I nodded.

He went to drag the chair out for Eirene and I but I stopped him, "I'll do it myself."