13

Chapter Thirteen:
____________________________________________

"If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm lookin' at you, and I can't believe
You don't know, oh-oh
You don't know you're beautiful."

I took off my glasses and placed them on the desk before I rubbed my eyes in exhaustion

I took off my glasses and placed them on the desk before I rubbed my eyes in exhaustion. I looked at the digital clock that sat on my desk and saw that it was two in the morning.

I sighed and closed the file I had finished working on and stood up from my chair. After I grabbed my phone, I switched off the lights and walked out of the study room.

When I reached my room, I decided to take a quick shower and grabbed a pair of black sweatpants from my closet.

Once I was done with the shower, I went straight to my bed since I had to wake up at seven in the morning to go for an important meeting.

Just when I was about to switch off the bedside lamp, I heard loud screams echoing through the house and I knew exactly where they came from.

I opened the drawer and grabbed my gun just in case before running out of my room and straight to the one across from me.

Layla was already stood there, and appeared distressed, "Dar, what's going on with the girl? Why don't you ask her? It has already happened thrice before." She said in concern

Layla was right, it had happened before as well but none of us bothered to tell her about it. I wanted her to open up to me by herself and not by force.

"Go to sleep, Layla. It's late as it is. I'll handle." I said and she sighed heavily before she left.

I opened the door and saw her body thrashing on the bed. I closed the door with my foot behind me and walked up to her carefully before I placed my gun on her nightstand and sat down on the edge.

The sheets that covered her body had almost fallen to the floor and the shirt she wore had risen up to her stomach, giving me a peak of her tattoo.

I grabbed her by the arms and pressed her body closer to mine, "Eirene." I called and moved her hair away from her face.

"Eirene it's me, you're safe. Open your eyes, baby." I whispered in her ear.

"Please, don't hurt me. Please, it's not my fault." She cried in her sleep.

I pressed her cheek to my chest and rocked her body back and forth after I placed her on my lap. She clung to me, almost immediately, and I started to whisper sweet nothings to her to calm her down.

"Ssh, it's going to be alright and nobody will hurt you ever again. I got you." I said to her and her body relaxed a little against mine.

I rubbed her back pecked her hair every two second to make sure she's alright. She mumbled something incoherent in my chest and snuggled closer.