11

Chapter Eleven:
____________________________________________

"You take the shape of,
Everything that I'm drawn to.
But your eyes,
Are dead and red.
Red as rust."

"Hello." I heard someone whisper from behind me and I jumped dropping the glass of water on my foot.

I hissed loudly in pain and pressed my other foot above it to dull the throbbing pain.

"Oh my God! I am so fuckin' sorry. Shit." He cursed and I looked up to see a blonde man standing in front of me with a worried look.

"I am so very so-" He started to apologize but another voice cut him off.

"Eirene!" I heard him call my name and a second later, he appeared in the doorway.

His eyes moved to the man, then to me, and finally stopped at my foot.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" He asked with a deep scowl.

"I think, I scared her. She dropped the glass on foot." The unknown man told.

Darius sighed loudly and shook his head before he walked over to me and bent down to pick me in bridal style.

I gasped and clutched the front of his shirt, "I am fine." I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

He ignored me and carried me to a couch in the living room to lie me down.

"Get her a glass of water and ask Layla to clean the mess." He ordered the man who was staring at Darius in shock.

"No, no. you don't have to. I'll get it myself." I said quietly and tried to get up but Darius sat down on the couch and placed my outstretched legs on his lap.

I gaped at him in embarrassment and cleared my throat awkwardly as the man stood rooted to his spot like he had seen aliens.

"I am fuckin' talking to you, Jason." Darius gritted out and the man recovered from whatever shock he went into before he moved his feet out of the living room.

"Darius." I called but he ignored me once again and started to massage my foot.

I tried to snatch my foot out of his deathlike grip but his eyes snapped to mine and he fixed me a hard glare which caused me to shrink back into the couch.

"I am fine." I mumbled while I fiddled with my thumbs in my lap.

"And I am the Greek President." He countered sarcastically.

"You practically are if we remove all the law enforcement bodies. You make the laws of this country anyway." The man named Jason said as he walked back inside with a glass of water in his left hand.

I looked at Darrius in question who was busy glaring daggers at an oblivious Jason who extended the glass in my direction.

"Thank you." I muttered and took the glass from him.