70

Chapter Seventy:

____________________________________________

"The weather outside's changing
The leaves are buried under six inches of white
The radio is playing, Iron & Wine
This is a new dimension
This is a level where we're losing track of time
I'm holding nothing against it, except you and I
We were love drunk, waiting on a miracle
Tryna find ourselves in the winter snow
So alone in love like the world had disappeared
Oh, I won't be silent and I won't let go
I will hold on tighter 'til the afterglow
And we'll burn so bright 'til the darkness softly clears
Oh, I will hold on to the afterglow."

Eirene's POV:

"Eirene, did I tell you that Sylvia and Adrian had a kid?" I heard Darius' voice from the room.

My eyes widened and I quickly walked out of the closet, "What? When?"

"It's been more than a month. They named him Rafael." He said, typing something on his laptop.

"Why didn't you tell me before? I was trying to get a hold of her yesterday but her phone was out of reach." I told him.

"You can always try again tomorrow." He said and glanced up at me briefly.

"You're right." I mumbled, feeling absolutely ecstatic to hear the news.

I switched off the lights of the wardrobe and walked towards the bed.

"Darius, did you know that there's this beautiful place in Moscow called the Red Square? It is so captivating. We'll go there when we visit Moscow. Besides, I got to pick up my stuff from there." I said to him.

When he didn't reply, I turned around and looked at him. His eyes wer fixated on my body. No, my robe to be precise.

"Darius?" I called him.

"Why are you wearing that?" He asked.

I deadpanned, "To seduce you."

His eyes snapped up to mine and he pushed his laptop aside before yanking me towards him.

I gasped and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Eirene, stop testing my patience." He rasped.

"Something about zero restraint you mentioned the other day." I whispered and smiled innocently up at him.

The green in his eyes turned a shade darker and he leaned his face down towards my neck. His hand gently pushed my hair away and I felt his breath fan my nape before I felt his tongue gliding down the spot behind my ear.

I shivered and pressed my body closer to his. At one particular spot, just in the center, he placed a gentle kiss causing a moan to slip out of my mouth.

He chuckled, his warm breath fanning my earlobe and I was sure that my entire face and neck had turned crimson.

I felt his teeth lightly grazing that same spot once before he bit into my skin. I hissed and closed my eyes at the unknown sensation that I felt at that moment.

After a few seconds, one of his hands cupped my ass while the other came to grab the back of my head as he sucked on the tender skin.

Tingles traversed through my body, starting from the spot he was currently leaving a love bite at and down till my feel resulting in me curling my toes.

My breathing soon picked up and I bit my lip to prevent myself from making any inappropriate sounds. His lips started to leave a trail of kisses down to neck.