56

Chapter Fifty Six

____________________________________________

"'Cause I'm on fire like a thousand suns
I couldn't put it out even if I wanted to
These flames tonight
Look into my eyes and say you want me, too
Like I want you."

His eyes went to my lips and then settled back their intense gaze directly to my teal ones.

His tilted body turned completely towards me and he covered the distance between us with two steps, "Eirene." He rasped out.

I hummed in response as his hand came to cup the side of my neck.

"You're making it really hard for me." He whispered and leaned down.

His breath fanned my face and I clutched the side of his suit jacket, our lips centimetres apart.

My gaze went to his lips for a split second and he pulled me closer by the waist, our breaths mingled, "I'm gonna kiss you here, under the moonlight." He whispered.

His lips pecked mine, once. My breath hitched and I closed my eyes, involuntarily, to savour the sweet feeling.

"And then I'm gonna make love to you," He added and paused as he took my bottom lip between his teeth.

His thumb caressed my jaw and I let my hands slide up to coil around his neck when he nibbled at my bottom lip lightly and gave it a gentle tug before releasing it.

"Under the stars." He finished and softly pecked my lips, once more.

I gulped and opened my eyes, "Darius." I whispered, my breathing coming out in pants.

He took a hold of my jaw, his eyes fixed on my lips, and ran his thumb over my lips, "Don't look at me like that, my love. There's still a few more hours left."

Unable to handle the intensity of the moment, I pushed him back lightly and he stumbled a bit before gaining his balance. I placed a hand above my chest and tried to regulate my breathing.

"I didn't even kiss you." He commented.

I looked his face to see it sporting a small smirk and said, "Shut up."

He chuckled and took my hand in his, "Let's go."

I nodded my head, wordlessly, and let him guide me inside the grand ballroom buzzing with people.

Elizabeth spotted us from across the room and met us halfway, "Where did you both run off to?" She raised a brow.

"You don't get to ask that anymore. She's my wife." Darius countered.

Elizabeth mock glared at him and turned to me, "Why's your lipstick all smudged?"

My eyes nearly popped out and my head whipped to look at my husband, "Darius!" I scolded.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head with a smile as Elizabeth let out a small laugh, "Bless your heart, Eirene. I was just messing with you."

I gave her an unimpressed look which only made her laugh more.

"Anyways, I was just looking for you guys because it's time for cake cutting ceremony." She informed.

"Oh, of course." I said and we all proceeded towards the table where Leah was standing, surveying the glass table as if it was a fraud.

I noticed a man standing next to her trying to get her to look away from the object as if it's committed a crime and I looked closely to find out that it's Ryan.

"Hi." I said as soon as we approached them.

Ryan looked up at us and a smile graced his features, "Here's the couple we all have been looking for. Congratulations to you, both."