44

Chapter Forty Four:
____________________________________________

"Here, where the sky's falling,
I'm covered in blue.
I'm running and I'm crawling,
Fighting for you.
When the rain stops, then, darling
What will I do?
And I know I go all in,
But why do I?
You give me a reason, something to believe in
I know, I know, I know.
You give me a meaning, something I can breathe in
I know, I know, I know.
It's a bittersweet feeling
Longing, and I'm leaving
I go, I go, I go
But I wish I was there with you."

I opened my eyes and the first thing that I felt was a throbbing pain in the side of my head

I opened my eyes and the first thing that I felt was a throbbing pain in the side of my head. My hand shot up to touch it and I felt it come in contact with a liquid substance.

The room was unfamiliar and there was a single lamp drilled in the wall across me. My eyes darted around the room in search of something familiar, anything, but I came up with an empty room that was as big as my room back home.

Home.

My eyes widened slightly at the thought and that was when the panic started to bubble in my chest.

All the unfortunate events flooded through my mind and I looked down at myself to see that my clothes were intact.

A small wave of relief washed over me but it vanished in thin air when I realized what had actually transpired right after I left home.

I did not reach my destination.

I remembered sitting in the car and we were not much far from the restaurant when a truck collided with our car from the driver's side and the car was turned upside down on the road.

I had only a few seconds to grasp whatever was going as I saw Damon's body flying out of the car. I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out, instead, my head collided with the side window with so much force that the glass broke.

Black dots appeared in my vision but I blinked rapidly, my eyelids becoming heavy as I felt my shoulder being rammed into something hard after the car rolled once again.

I tried to call out to Apollo but my heart was beating too fast and the sound that my ears could register was the pumping of blood.

It felt as if someone was playing drum, a constant thump rang in my head.

I wanted to move but my body was hanging upside down. I did not feel any pain at that moment except in my head.

"Darius." I whispered, my voice barely audible.

Suddenly, the car door was ripped apart and I saw a man's shoe clad feet come in my view. He bent down to my level and I tried to keep my eyes open but my energy was being drained every millisecond.