Ch27: 1:24 am

1:24 am

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring down at the heavy Miraculous Box that rested in my lap. Should I do it? Should I test out the Eel Miraculous?

After Alya had left, I felt the overwhelming urge to see what kind of power it possessed. After all, shouldn't I know what type of Miraculous I was dealing with - what type of risk it posed?

Although, I wasn't sure what was more terrifying - misusing the Eel Miraculous and messing myself up or not knowing how dangerous it was and having this creepy thing under my bed while I slept. Surely it couldn't be that bad though. If anything terrible happened, I would just use my Miraculous Ladybugs to restore any damage. No true harm would be done, I told myself. And I wouldn't do anything too crazy.

With hesitant fingers, I reached for the secret compartment and slid it open

With hesitant fingers, I reached for the secret compartment and slid it open. A cloud of dust puffed in my face, causing me to sneeze violently. The dust mixed with the silver moonbeams from my window and the pink light from my lamp, creating a violet mist. It looked like magic pixie dust.

I cleared the dust away with my hand, revealing the black ring. The navy stones across the ring glistened against the pink light.

There it was. Prettier than I remembered. So appealing and inviting - as if it wanted me to put it on.

It's been a while.

My back straightened. Who said that? No. Not again. The last time I touched the Eel Miraculous, I had heard strange voices in my head, as if a ghost was talking to me. Maybe it really did cause insanity. Or maybe I was just going insane on my own.

My body lined with goosebumps and a shiver shot down my spine. Strange. It was just in my head. No true threat. Stop being a baby, I told myself.

When my trembling thumb caressed the surface of the ring, my vision clouded with dizziness. My brain felt as if it was tumbling down a hill, rolling and rolling at a steepening angle. Was my body moving? I closed my eyes and held my head, trying to stop the spinning. Slow and steady breaths. Bad idea. This was a bad idea. No. Good idea. I needed to know. It was all in my head. Suck it up.

I opened my eyes again. The spinning ceased.

My stomach twisted.

A snake-like shadow slithered across the walls. Where was it coming from? What was causing the shadow? Was it an actual snake? Somehow it seemed darker than my room's darkness, as if it was the shadow of a shadow.

To my horror, it was now on the floor. And coming towards me! Sheer panic. Should I run? Or was this just some kind of Miraculous magic?

Let's play, the robotic voice said.

Dear heavens, this was turning into a horror movie and I was the character who would be the first to die. My parents would find my body cut up in pieces and everyone would wonder what happened...until it got them. Everyone in Paris would be cut up into little tiny pieces. We were all going to die!

"Stay away!" I shouted.

But the shadow inched its way across my dirty floor, its form warping as it passed over my laundry, books, and bras.

Then it was on me. And in me. And all around me. Slowly my vision was cutting out as I was being engulfed by this dark entity. I fell to my knees and hunched over in a fetal position.

Suffocating...I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't breathe - like I was trapped underwater. Somehow the air was hollow and so unsatisfying. Any long and I would soon -

No. I was too young to die. There was still so much I wanted to do. I'd barely lived and still needed be a world famous fashion designer. And I at least needed to kiss Felix before I died...actually no, I wanted to marry him and have three kids and a hamster. Dear God, I really, really, really didn't want to die.

Where would you like to go? The voice hissed in my skull.

"Back! Get back! Off! Into your Box!" I said, with the remaining air in my burning lungs, "I need to live, and kiss Felix, and design. I refuse to die."

The shadows grew darker and the air now felt like an empty vacuum of space. When I glanced up, I watched in slow motion as an open jaw of sharp teeth rained down on me.

Mom. Dad. Alya.

Felix.

I love you.

⇓

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring down at the Miraculous Box that rested in my lap, debating on if I should test out the Eel Miraculous. After Alya had left, I felt the overwhelming urge to see what kind of power it possessed.

A certain chill shot down my spine, as the hairs on my arm turned to needles.

Maybe I shouldn't. After all, it was too dangerous to play with things I fully didn't understand. What if something terrible happened? Something I couldn't undo with my Miraculous Ladybugs? I guess I would just have to settle with not knowing for now. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

So, I heaved the Box off my numb lap and shoved it back under the bed. Then I draped a few dirty shirts over the top. Tomorrow, I would find a better hiding spot.

When I glanced at digital clock, I grunted in frustration.

1:24 am

How did it get so late? There was no doubt I would feel the pains of going to bed at this time. I should try to get some rest. I hopped in bed and pulled the covered up to my chin, feeling all cozy and safe.

Just when I closed my eyes, I heard something. An eerie voice locked in my own head. It was terrifying.

I didn't believe in ghosts until now. Maybe I was being haunted. It kept whispering and echoing again and again,

I only choose the fallen.