Epilogue: Ever After

Three years later.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The morning was filled with the warmth of soft skin, the smell of fresh cotton, and the steady breathing of my sleeping husband.

I turned my body to face Felix - despite my motion and fumbling, his arm over my back refused to move. I thought it was adorable that even in an unconscious state he held on tight.

His hair looked liked ruffled feathers, and his lips were slightly parted. Little did I know, that Felix occasionally snored - very lightly and almost unnoticeable, but nevertheless there.

Unable to contain myself, I sent my hand into that wild bird's nest of hair. It was so silky and thick. I played with the strands near his ear. Then I trailed his ear, rubbing it with my thumb. Okay...how was he still sleeping? There's no way he didn't feel this.

Immediate challenge.

I slipped my palm across his smooth chest, and fiddled with his collar bone, expecting him to wake up. Nothing. Okay then, Felix. I glanced at the clock - 9am. He'd had plenty of sleep. He was for sure going to get woken up now.

For crying out loud, this was the fourth day of our honeymoon. We should be waking up early every morning and going on an adventure - after all, it wasn't everyday we were in Beijing. Especially in such a beautiful hotel room with an amazing view of a foggy horizon lined with temples.

A devilish smirk crawled across my face

A devilish smirk crawled across my face. I pressed my lips into his tender neck, and kissed him to the center of his chest. He stirred slightly. Next, I loomed over him (strangely feeling a little nauseous as I did so), practically spooning him and nibbling on his earlobe. When that failed, I straight up kissed him on the lips as firmly as I could.

When that didn't work, I felt both worried and frustrated. Was something wrong with him? Or was this a joke? His breathing was normal and he didn't look like he was having any sort of medical emergency. I guess yesterday's tourism really drained him.

I grabbed the white fluffy pillow and held it in the air, about to unleash the full fury of its fluffiness. Just as I did so, his eyes popped open, and he quickly de-armed me, tossing the pillow aside, and bringing me on top of him. The motion was so sudden, I felt flustered and slightly dizzy.

"Kitten," he muttered, "How dare you."

I blushed - his gaze was all-consuming and so tender.

"You weren't waking up," I said, loving the feel of his chest rising and falling.

"So, you were going to nail me with a pillow?" He smirked.

"Yes," I said, trying to make a serious face.

"A playful one you are," he huffed, brushing a wild strand of hair behind my ears.

For a moment I was tempted to worry about my appearance. Did I look okay? Cute? Was my lace slip all wrinkled? No. There was no need for that. This was Felix and he loved me just as I was.