Ch49: Infinitely

I was surrounded by millions of versions of the white haired man, as his image reflected in the infinity mirrors. Over and over. Like a chain. And there I was - terrified, standing paralyzed - over and over. The fun house was not fun at all. It was only enhancing the creepiness of this moment.

Who was this man? Who was 'Chat Noir?'

"Felix?" I questioned, backing away until my palms and back were pressed against the cold mirror. He had me trapped like a prey with no where to run. Now I'd be devoured by the lion.

His cold eyes focused on me - as if the sight of me was a happy one for him. Slowly, he stepped towards me. My body stiffened. What was he doing? Why was he coming near me? Was he going to fling me over his shoulder and take me back to some type of prison?

Now he was only an arms length away. And now inches. Then he answered my question.

This was familiar.

Yet terrifying.

I was pinned against the mirror - the man rested one hand on my waist while the other draped against the mirror. I was drowning in his presence, in his touch, and in his lips. My eyes remained wide open, as I tried to comprehend his kiss. I couldn't.

I glanced over at a parallel mirror - there was the alternative world of us repeated an endless number times. It was like watching a movie of myself. This man was kissing me...in this world and the next. Over and over. Infinitely.

The man abruptly pulled away to look in my eyes - leaving my lips cold and my blood bubbling. He wiped my saliva off his mouth with his arm.

Not him.

"I'm disappointed," he muttered.

"W-Why?" I stammered. I was trying to ask him why he kissed me, but the full sentence refused to come out.

He sighed, sending his warm breath down the front of my neck. Goosebumps.

"Idiot," he scoffed, tapping my forehead, "I'm 'your Felix'."

I shook my head.

"N-no. You-you're not. You're deceiving me somehow," I swallowed, my throat feeling sore, "With the Eel."

When he frowned, grey creases spread across his forehead and mouth. He tightened his grip on my shoulders.

"Is there nothing familiar about the way I embrace you, woman?" He said, his words dripping with anger and perhaps a little hurt.

I clasped onto the sides of my sweat pants to minimize the trembling in my hands.

"Felix would have never kidnapped me like you did. Putting me in danger and taking me to a shady hotel. Felix would have never kissed me upon first meeting me. He never would have spied on me in my own room. Most of all, he would have never stolen from me," I gasped.

There was a pause filled with the buzzing neon lights.

"Then, it appears you are ignorant of the true nature of Felix," he said, looking down at me from his tilted chin. Shadows painted his face.

"I know what he is and isn't. Just like I know I'm being lied to. I've been deceived before. Hawk Moth has replicated people before. And then I almost got my Miraculous taken. I won't be fooled again. Especially since Chat - you - knew that Felix was my weakness," I said, glancing around for a stray piece of mirror to use as a weapon.

"Foolish. I've already taken your Miraculous. So, why would I lie to you?"

"Chat has always liked me. So now you are trying to trick me into thinking you are Felix so I fall in love with you...aka false Felix."