Ch45: Catnapped

Never had I felt so embarrassed in all my life!

When my eyes finally decided to open, I was horrified to find myself in Luka's arms as he carried me straight through the front lobby with a full audience of at least fifty people. Why couldn't he have taken a back way? The swarm of faces showered at me with pity, surprise, and curiosity. I would definitely be the source of gossip just like when I fell at the gala.

Was Luka just trying to look like a hero in front of all these people? Or was he trying to claim me? Why else would he go the most public way possible? Why wasn't he thinking about how I feel? Unless, this was the fastest way to wherever he was trying to go.

Luka rushed me to an ambulance that was parked right out side the front door under the large awning. He set me down on a stretching bed as the ambulance guy secured my shoulder to keep me from falling backward.

"What's your name?" The ambulance guy asked.

Blood poured out of my mouth and onto my lap when I attempted to answer. The air was so frigid I wondered if I'd have an ice-sickle of red dangling from my lips. 

"Her name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She's eighteen. 5 foot and 6 inches and around 125 pounds. Her blood type is B+," Luka said, looking at me with concern.

Woah! How did he know all that? Should I be flattered or creeped out? How on earth did he know my blood type? That wasn't normal.

"Thank you, young man. We will take note if her blood loss becomes significant. Who are her family contacts?" the man asked.

"Tom and Sabine Dupain-Cheng. The contacts are in her phone," Luka said, reaching into the side pocket of my bloody dress. Well, excuse him.

I sat in the ambulance and the man gave me a cloth to prevent the bleeding. Luka somehow unlocked my phone and contacted my parents to give them directions to the hospital. Looks like it was my turn for a hospital visits. How ironic.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Felix did this to you," Dad said, tears of anger welling in his eyes, "I knew he was a beady, rotten scandal." Dad's white baker outfit was drenched near the arm pits - he obsessively sweat when he was stressed or upset. It was a rather embarrassing trait.

I couldn't speak to defend Felix. All I could do was lay paralyzed in the hospital bed - too exhausted to move. Somehow it seemed as if the pain in my jaw was affecting every inch of my body. Was that normal?

"And you saved my daughter," Dad turned to Luka, "My precious baby girl

"And you saved my daughter," Dad turned to Luka, "My precious baby girl."

Luka hesitated, as he scratched the back of his head, staring up at the tiled ceiling.

"Actually that's not true," Luka admitted, "It wasn't on purpose. He wasn't trying to punch..."

Of course he left out the little tiny detail of me attempting to save Luka. That was the very reason I was hurt.