Ch50: Savior

A/N: This chapter marks the one year anniversary of My Boss is Felix. I can't believe time has passed so quickly. I've enjoyed every step of the way and appreciate the support from you all! Thanks for coming along for the journey!💕

            ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Snow is only beautiful from the window.
And it's only fun to stomp on when properly clothed.

Right now it was miserable - my hair was drenched and the frigid liquid had seeped through my clothes. I felt like a frozen frog as my movements slowed and my fingers and toes grew numb. It was only a matter of time before my feet broke off and I was crippled for life. Shelter. I needed to find shelter quickly.

After Felix had carried me out of the fun house and told me of his Eel Miraculous plans, I made a quick escape. It was dark and without his Chat Noir abilities, he was unable to see me with night vision. I was swallowed by the darkness never to be found by Felix again. Hopefully.

So, I ran. And ran. Then walked. Then limped. I was hoping to find some type of restaurant or gas station by now, but all I could see was fat flakes raining down, burning my face. Thankfully, the moon was somewhat useful in helping me not fall into a ditch along the way. But still, it was dark and I was cold.

My mind was racing. Faster than my body. Faster than the snow falling to the ground. So fast I was getting a headache - or hypothermia.

Felix. Chat Noir. Two different people. How was I supposed to reconcile them as one? They were polar opposites - Felix was cold yet sometimes caring (even though he tried to act like he didn't). Chat was too flirty and so obnoxious - and far too entitled to my lips. My mind couldn't even register them as the same person.

But they were.

By day, Felix was my rude boss who acted indifferent to my existence and by night he was flirty Chat Noir who stole kisses and stalked me. Did he know I was Marinette when he first kissed me as Chat Noir? Or was he just being adventurous?

I started thinking of my past interactions with both Felix and Chat and attempted to tie them together:

So that time he broke into Agreste Inc as Chat Noir, he was really just looking for that mysterious book. That's why he - as Chat - was searching Mr. Agreste's office. And that's why he - as Felix - wanted to search again with me after the gala. At least he got drugged that night. To think he was trying to make me help him with his dirty work.

I remembered that same time when he - as Chat - went to his own office and began threatening to break his own stuff. I was so afraid that if Felix found out, he'd kill me. How dare he manipulate me like that! That next day I even went early to make sure Felix's office was clean. That was when Felix and I had the awkward shower encounter. Despite the cold, my face flushed at the memory.

Then there was that time he - as Chat - came into my room and claimed he knew my identity. Then he told me it was 'movie night.' We watched some random documentary and he used me as a pillow. To think that was Felix all along! The memory of him looking under my bed came to me. That's right. So, he must have been looking for the Miraculous Box. He obviously had his suspicions it was under there, and that visit must have been to confirm.

That same movie night, I remember suddenly hearing the Eel tell me that he was worthy. The voice was so loud and the ringing in my ear knocked me out. Why hadn't Felix/Chat stolen the Eel then? Oh right. Because it would have been immediately obvious that Chat was the one who stole it. So, he left it - to steal it later. Much later. To think I'd thought that I lost it. Sneaky cat! He had the Miraculous and I didn't even know.