Chapter 9

Kakashi had recommended that each of the groups split up and discuss their plans with each other. He decided they should do it separately so that if anyone was captured they wouldn't reveal everyone's plans.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Naruto POV)
Naruto and Jiraiya sat on two rocks discussing their plan.

"Pervy sage do you know anything about this guy?" Naruto asked as he handed Jiraiya the scroll that Kakashi had given them on the member that they would face.

Jiraiya looked over the scroll, "Kakuzu, like Kakashi said he's extremely powerful, he is immortal and covers the natures of fire, water, wind, and lightning. He's going to be tough to beat so we can't let our guards down for even a minute, got that kid?" Jiraiya asked looking at Naruto.

"Got it, this is going to be fun fighting such a strong opponent." Naruto said smiling as Jiraiya chuckled at Naruto's attitude.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Shikamura POV)
"So Asuma - Sensei do you know anything more about this Hidan?" Shikamura asked in his normal bored tone.

When Shikamura mentioned Hidan, Temari's eyes widen in shock before quickly changing back to her normal expression without either Asuma or Shikamura noticing.

"No I don't know much about him besides what Kakashi told us." Asuma said.

"Actually I know something about him." Temari said softly as both of them turned to look at her, Shikamura with a surprised expression and Asuma with his normal expression.

Temari noticed Shikamura's surprised expression normally she would have yelled at him, but she didn't as she turned away from looking directly at Shikamura and looked at both of them.

"Hidan was spotted by some sand shinobi they were my friends." Temari said softly as her voice shook slightly. Both Shikamura and Asuma realized what happened to her friends as Temari continued to recount her story.

"He slaughtered them when they approached him, I made it there in time to see that he had killed most of them with his scythe." Temari said before a sob escaped her lips. Both Shikamura and Asuma looked sympathetically at her as she had fallen to her knees as they continued talking to each other.

"So we need to look out for his scythe that doesn't sound too bad." Shikamura said.

"That's not even his most dangerous weapon." Temari said her voice calmer than before not picking her head up.

Both Asuma and Shikamura looked at her waiting for her to continue.

"One of my friends was still fighting against him when he barely cut her with his scythe then licked her blood while making a pentagram out of blood on the ground with her blood." Temari said as she paused and shuddered from the horrid memory.

"So like some sort of ritual?" Asuma asked looking at Shikamura as Temari tried her best to calm down, but she couldn't stop her body from shaking and taking gasps of air.

Shikamura then knelt down next to Temari and answered Asuma. "Yeah by the sound of it." Shikamura said then he turned his attention to Temari.

"Please Temari we need you to continue, it may be tough, but we really need this, you're one of the toughest people I know." Shikamura spoke softly with concern in his voice for her as he grabbed her trembling hand within his hand.

Temari's head pick up at Shikamura's soft voice and touch of his hand and wiped away her tears as she continued.

"When he finished the pentagram, his body changed to a black color and he stabbed himself through the heart, but instead of him dying, the last shinobi she collapsed and died." Temari said as Shikamura stood up and extend a hand to help her up which she took after a bit of hesitation.