Chapter 43

Obito groaned as he walked through the hallway of the Hokage tower with Kakashi and Rin on either side of him. "I can't believe Lady Tsunade called us in again. I was hanging out with Anko before this." He said with he his hands behind his head.

"This will probably be quick and you can get back to her lover boy." Kakashi said tired of hearing Obito complain.

Rin giggled at Obito's new nickname.

Obito turned around to face his teammates and stopped. "Woah, just cause Anko and I hang out all the time doesn't mean we're dating. Even though she's beautiful, funny and she can kick any top jonin's butt." Obito said as he got a dreamy look in his eyes.

He snapped out of it a moment later. "What was I talking about?"

"That you and Anko aren't dating." Kakashi responded while reading Icha Icha Paradise not bothering to look up.

"Right Anko and I aren't dating, it's not what it looks like." Obito said puffing out his chest proud that he got his point across.

"Well from how you went on about her it seems that you have a thing for her." Rin said.

Obito's proud posture shrunk immediately. "Is it that obvious?" He asked defeatedly looking at Kakashi and Rin.

"Extremely." Kakashi answered simply.

This caused Obito to slump over in more defeat. "I was scared of that." He mumbled walking alongside his teammates.

"There's nothing wrong with that Obito, it's kinda cute." Rin said attempting to cheer him up.

Kakashi smiled at the interaction. It was just in Rin's nature to try to cheer people up. She was just so perfect and would always look after people. She's just so perfect. No Kakashi, snap out it. You've tried this before with her and it didn't work out, we're just fine as friends.

Kakashi was soon brought back to the present as Obito kept calling his name.

"Kakashi are you ok? You were just staring into space." Obito said concerned as Rin looked over at him with concern all over her face.

"I'm fine, you shouldn't be worrying about me. Now let's see what Lady Tsunade wanted to talk to us about." Kakashi said as he sped up away from Obito and Rin towards her office.

Rin cast a questioning glance at Obito as she non verbally asked what's wrong with him. Obito shrugged with his hands out as to say I have no idea.

They soon met up with him at the doors of the office. Kakashi knocked and waited a moment. "Come in." Lady Tsunade said.

They entered to see her sitting in usual spot at her desk with Shizune standing behind her.

"So what's going on?" Obito asked bluntly. Kakashi facepalmed and Rin giggled at Obito's bluntness.

Lady Tsunade just sighed. "Next time Obito try not to be so blunt."

"Sorry Lady Tsunade." Obito said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Anyways the mission that I'm sending you onto is to help protect a prince. He's been under attack from a group of shinobi. Your mission will be to transport him back to his homeland, he is currently hiding out." Lady Tsunade concluded.

"Why is he under attack?" Rin asked.

"Yeah that's a good question. What if he's some sort of war criminal and they're trying to bring him to justice." Obito said.

Kakashi sighed and Rin put her head in her hand. Obito needs to think before he speaks both of them thought.

Lady Tsunade's answer to him was surprisingly calm. "He is a respected prince across the land, but you do make a good point of being cautious."

"So where will we be taking the prince?" Kakashi asked.

"To the land of the waves." She answered to the shocked faces of the others.

"To the land of the waves? The place that we're at war with? Last time we went there, they tried to kill Kakashi and me." Rin said.

"Yes I'm aware of that, but this our best attempt to make our relations better with them. And I'm sending the three of you because you're some of the best we have." She explained.

"So when do we head out?" Kakashi asked putting away Icha Icha Paradise.

"You will pack for the mission, then report back here and I will give you more details and resources for the mission." Lady Tsunade concluded.

The three of them bowed to her and exited the office. "Well this mission sounds like it's going to be difficult, but hey we can take care of it. Nothing new to us. I'm going to see you guys later, I'm going to pack." Obito said as he took off.

Kakashi and Rin looked at each other a bit awkwardly. As tension filled the air. "So back to the land of the waves. We didn't have to much there last time." Rin said chucking trying to fill the silence.

"Yeah that was rough, hopefully we don't run into Jukic again." Kakashi said.

Rin shuddered in response. "Yeah let's not do that again." She said lightheartedly.

"I'll see you soon Rin, I'm going to get to packing." Kakashi said.

"Ok me too." Rin said as they both left.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"That was stupid Rin. You could have talked to him, why did you just bailed on Kakashi. You like him don't you?" She thought to herself. Honestly she wasn't sure how she felt about him, her feelings about him had always been complicated.

"I've got a mission, it's better to focus on that, I'll worry about my feelings later." She said as she reached her house.