Chapter 14

It had been a couple days since Rin had moved in with Kurenai.

(Rin POV)
Rin paced nervously around Kurenai's kitchen as Kurenai did her best to calm Rin down.

"Rin calm down just breath." Kurenai said as she grabbed Rin by the shoulders stopping her pacing.

Rin nodded in response as she took a couple deep breathes before Kurenai took her hands off of Rin's shoulders.

Kurenai smiled. "You'll be ok Rin, Inoichi is amazing at looking into others minds." Kurenai said trying to reassure Rin.

Rin smiled at Kurenai's words knowing that she was right and Rin had no reason to be nervous. "Thanks Kurenai." Rin said as both women headed for the front door and exited the house.

Kurenai turned to Rin as the two of them stood in front of her house. "I would go with you, but I promised to train my team, but I could always cancel." Kurenai said as she began to talk to herself.

"No don't cancel Kurenai, your team is probably looking forward to training and Lady Tsunade and Shizune will be with me during the process." Rin said.

"Ok Rin tell me how it goes when I see you later." Kurenai said as the two of them went their separate ways.

Rin made her way towards the interrogation building where Lady Tsunade told her to go.

Rin felt another chakra presence join her. She didn't even have to look at person to recognize what his chakra felt like. She knew that feeling almost better than anything else in life.

Rin turned her head while still walking to see that Kakashi had joined and was walking beside her while flipping through Icha Icha Paradise.

"Lady Tsunade didn't tell me that you were going to be at the mind searching process." Rin said casting a look at Kakashi whose eyes were still trained on Icha Icha Paradise.

"I'm not supposed to, but there's no way they're going to perform that process without me being there." Kakashi said without his eyes leaving the book.

Rin's heart raced quicker and her eyes widened as she heard Kakashi say that. Rin would have never thought Kakashi would ever say anything like that when they were younger. He would have just gone off training instead of attending a mind search. "Kakashi really has changed a lot." Rin said as she looked back at Kakashi who was flipping through his book.

"What about your team Kakashi?" Rin asked.

"Meh they'll find a way to keep themselves busy and they're old enough to train on their own." Kakashi said looking up from the book to answer Rin and went back to reading after he finished taking.

The rest of the journey to the interrogation building was silent as Kakashi's attention was on his book while Rin's mind thought of tons of different scenarios of why Kakashi had changed so much.

The two of them entered the interrogation building to see that Lady Tsunade, Shizune, and Inoichi were already there waiting.

Needless to say they were all surprised to see that Kakashi was there with Rin.

"Kakashi what are you doing here?" Inoichi asked casting a look at Kakashi.

"I'm here supporting my teammate, there's no where else I'd rather be." Kakashi said shutting the book and looking at Inoichi.

"Is there any chance that you leave Kakashi?" Lady Tsunade asked.

"Nope." Kakashi said smiling with his eye crease.

Lady Tsunade sighed and put her head in her hands at the end of her patience. "Fine Kakashi can stay since we can't get rid of him." Lady Tsunade said as Inoichi nodded and led Rin and Kakashi into the interrogation room. Rin and Kakashi sat next to each other across from Inoichi, Lady Tsunade and Shizune watched from the other side of the glass.

"Ok Rin calm yourself as I begin to preform the jutsu that will enter your mind, so we can find out where the Akatsuki's base is to find Obito, Minato, and Kushina." Inoichi said as he began the jutsu.

Before the jutsu pulled Rin into her memories she looked over at Kakashi with a bit of fear in her eyes. Kakashi picked up on it. "Don't worry Rin you'll be ok." Kakashi said giving her a reassuring smile underneath his mask and a reassuring look. Rin smiled in response before she was pulled into the jutsu.

Kakashi, Lady Tsunade, and Shizune looked on intently as Inoichi went into Rin's mind. During the process Rin cried out as Inoichi went through her mind.

"Rin." Kakashi called out as he touched Rin's shoulder.

"No Kakashi don't touch her." Lady Tsunade said, but it was too late as Kakashi had already made contact with her.

As Kakashi did Rin and himself were pulled into his mind.

Rin saw a few of Kakashi's memories flash in front of her. Ones of Kakashi visiting her grave as well as the others graves everyday, Kakashi falling into a depression after her death, and Kakashi becoming more cold hearted among a couple others.

Rin and Kakashi then were broken free of the jutsu as Inoichi stopped performing it. "Are you two ok?" Inoichi asked looking at the two of them both obviously shaken.

"Yes we're fine, did you get the information?" Rin asked.

"Yes I did." Inoichi said.

"How that I've heard that I've got to make sure my team isn't up to anything." Kakashi said quickly leaving.

Rin looked at her departing teammate. "Kakashi is acting weird wanting to leave so quickly was it because I saw into his memories?" Rin thought to herself as Lady Tsunade was already talking to Inoichi about the information he had gathered.