Chapter 33 (beginning of 2nd arc)

(2 years later)
Rin exited the hospital exhausted after a long day of work smiling as she looked up at the moon admiring its beauty, the cold breeze from the night felt good as it washed over her sweaty and tired body. Being the head of the hospital was rigorous job, so she often lost track of time and would regularly leave the hospital no sooner than sunset.

"I really haven't seen many of my friends since I've taken this position." Rin thought gloomily to herself. The job demanded a lot out of her, she worked 7 days a week and holidays with which left barely any time for herself.

However, there were positives she had been able to learn some of Lady Tsunade's high ranking jutsus, a smile made its way onto her face as she thought about how she spends most of her off time and how she started to do it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(About a year ago)

Rin had gotten used to her hectic schedule after a few months and a year in she had her day completely under control.

Rin breathed a sigh of relief as she exited the operating room. A squad of ANBU had just returned from an intense mission. They had all been massively injured, Rin had been able to heal all of them. It took a decent amount of chakra out of her, but Rin was happy that she had been able to save them.

A young nurse ran towards Rin urgently. "Rin-san have a message for you." She said bowing.

Rin rubbed the back of her head slightly embarrassed. "How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to bow or call me san. Rin alone is just fine." Rin said smiling.

The nurse nodded in response, but Rin was sure that she would keep it up as Rin had ask her to stop before.

"Ok Rin." The young nurse said lingering on the name as if it was painful for her to say it normally. "A young female shinobi has request to meet with you. She's in the waiting room." The nurse continued.

"Ok thank you I'll go talk to her." Rin said making her way towards the waiting room.

"That's odd, I'm not sure who would want to meet with me and I wonder why someone would want to meet with me." Rin questioned as she arrived at the waiting room and pushed the doors open.

Rin was pretty surprised to see the person who had requested to talk to her. She had expected it to be Sakura due to her medical ninjutsu. The girl that sitting in the waiting room was dressed in a white blouse and maroon pants with her hair in Chinese style buns.

Rin took a seat across from her. "You're Tenten correct?" Rin asked. Tenten nodded. "You're one of Guy's students right?" Tenten asked. Tenten nodded again.

"So what can I help you with?" Rin asked cheerfully.

"I would like you to mentor me if that's ok with you." Tenten said. Rin was surprised to say the least she couldn't think of why Tenten would want her to be her mentor.

"Why do you want me to be your mentor?" Rin asked.

"Ever since I've been a little girl I've looked up to Lady Tsunade wanting to be a strong shinobi like her, but my dream is starting to slip away from me. I'm falling behind everyone else." Tenten said her eyes becoming downcast as it stung for her to say that.

"I understand that you want a mentor to try to catch up, but why do you want me as your mentor and sensei?" Rin asked leaning forward towards Tenten.

"My whole life people have always said that women can't be as strong as men, I want to prove them wrong and from what I've heard you're a strong female shinobi." Tenten announcing with a fire in her eyes as she mentioned proving people wrong.