Chapter 34

It had been two weeks since the bachelorette and bachelor parties. Rin and Kakashi had spent more time together meeting up with each other at least two times a week either to get food, train or just hang out.

Rin arrived home and quickly out of her hospital uniform putting on her normal clothes slipping her jonin vest over her shirt. She had planned to meet up with Kakashi, she didn't know what they were doing as he had made the plans not telling her as he said it was a surprise.

Rin pulled her hair out the ponytail that kept it in while working. It felt good for her hair to be free and flowing against her back.

A minute later a knock was heard on her door. Rin quickly made her way to the door, opening the door to see Kakashi standing there reading Icha Icha Paradise. "Are you ready to go?" Kakashi asked putting the book away.

"Yup." Rin answered cheerfully as she closed her door and fell into step with Kakashi.

A silence sat between them, but not an awkward one. It was a nice one that allowed both of them to think.

Rin looked at Kakashi and spoke first. "So Kakashi where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see when we get there." Kakashi answered plainly.

Rin crossed her arms and pouted to herself mumbling something along the lines that he should stop being so stubborn and tell her where they were going.

Kakashi smiled as he noticed her shift in demeanor finding it cute.

"Ok we're here." Kakashi said as they stopped in front of a building. Rin recognized the building as a newly opened place with carnival like games.

"Yay! I've been wanted to go here for awhile, I just haven't had the time. Thank you so much Kakashi!" Rin cheered happily as she clapped her hands and jumped up and down.

Kakashi smiled at her enthusiasm as he grabbed her by the hand. "Come on Rin let's go in." He said leading her inside.

Rin spotted a series of targets with kunai and large stuffed animals as prizes. "Kakashi let's go over there." Rin said pointing at the attraction.

"Ok sounds good Rin." Kakashi said as he allowed her to lead him over to the targets.

They picked out a target and waited for the vendor to give them the kunai. "Ok it's 5 dollars for 3 kunai." The vendor said as Kakashi forked over 5 dollars in exchange for kunai.

"If you hit the bullseye you get a prize." The vendor said.

"Hey Rin how about we make a bet?" Kakashi asked twirling one of the kunai around his finger.

"I'm listening." Rin said as the sound of a bet intrigued her.

"Whichever of us makes it closer to the middle of the bullseye wins, and the loser has to pay for dinner." Kakashi wagered. He stared at her to gauge her reaction to see if she agreed to do it.

"You're on." Rin said smiling.

"You know what Rin, I'll let you take 2 kunai. I only need 1." Kakashi said giving her the other two kunai.

"Ok, but don't complain when I win." Rin boasted.

"We'll see." Kakashi said as he moved out of the way allowed Rin to throw first.

Rin lined up the kunai took aim and threw, it ended up right outside of the bullseye.

"Not bad Rin, but not good enough." Kakashi said looking at her as he threw the kunai behind him and hit the bullseye.

Rin's jaw dropped in response to his throw. "That was unbelievable, he wasn't even looking and he still hit the bullseye." She thought.

Kakashi turned around to see where the kunai had ended up. A frown immediately appeared on his face. "That's disappointing not even the middle of the bullseye, I guess the door is open for you Rin." Kakashi said.

"I guess so." Rin said as she stepped and locked in on the target. Rin took a deep breath and threw the kunai with the best precision she could. It ended up dead center of the bullseye.

"And the young lady wins, what prize do you want?" The vendor asked.

"Can I have the giant turtle please?" Rin asked as the vendor got the turtle off the shelf and handed it to her.

"Thank you." Rin said as she and Kakashi walked away.

"So I guess you owe me dinner." Rin gloated turning towards Kakashi.

"Yeah I know, how did you have such perfect aim?" Kakashi asked looking down at Rin.

"You didn't think I wouldn't pick up anything from Tenten did you?" Rin asked.

Kakashi mentally facepalmed. Why didn't he think about that, of course Rin's aim had improved. Tenten had near perfect aim. "Ok Rin tell me where you want to go for dinner." Kakashi said.

"Ok I'll lead you there." Rin said as she grabbed Kakashi by the hand pulling him towards a restaurant.

Rin and Kakashi both sat down at a table and a waitress came to serve them. "So what can I get for the couple?" She asked pulling out a notepad.

Both of them blushed crimson as they looked wildly between each other and the waitress. "We're not." Kakashi started. "A couple." Rin finished blurting out at the waitress.

"I'm sorry I just assumed that you two were a couple." The waitress said.

"Well we're not." Rin said still glancing at Kakashi with the blush visible on her face.

"Ok ma'am I understand that you two aren't a couple, now what would you like to order?" The waitress asked.

Both Kakashi and Rin ordered and an awkward silence overtook them as the waitress took their orders and left.

Neither of them said a thing to the other until the food arrived and when it did they made small talk. There was one main thought running through both of their minds. Do we really look like a couple?

The check arrived and Rin smiled clutching her stuffed turtle to her chest as she watched Kakashi pay for the meal.

The two of them left the restaurant to be greeted by the night sky. "It's getting kinda late and I need to be at work early in the morning. I'm going to head home." Rin told Kakashi. She felt a little bad about being the one to cut their hangout session short.

Kakashi looked over at her and was able to realize what she was thinking. "Ok it's no big deal, I'll walk you home." He said as he and Rin began the journey to her house.

Kakashi decided to make conversation looking over at Ron's stuffed turtle. "Hey do you know what you're going to name him?" Kakashi asked.

"I like the name Isobu, I think it is a good fit for him." Rin said smiling looking down at her stuffed animal.

"That does seem like a good name." Kakashi said as they arrived at her house.

"Thanks for walking me home and for all of today Kakashi." Rin said looking up at him smiling.

"Of course Rin, it was nice to hang out with you. I'm glad that we're growing close again." Kakashi said.

"I've got to get ready for tomorrow thanks Kakashi." Rin said hugging and slipping into her house.

"Of course no problem." Kakashi said as he began to walk home.

Kakashi started to think as he walked away from Rin's house. "What does it mean for us if we're growing closer together? We've tried something like this before, why does this have to be so complicated?" Kakashi sighed as he decided it was best not to think about it.