ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 3

匚卄卂ㄥㄒ乇尺 3                                                                        ♫THE HANGING TREE♫                                             BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD, JE...

匚卄卂ㄥㄒ乇尺 3
♫THE HANGING TREE♫
BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD, JENNIFER LAWRENCE

                                                                             匚卄卂ㄥㄒ乇尺 3                                                                        ♫THE HANGING TREE♫                                             BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD, JE...

The children and the priest ate at the dining table of the Lothbroks, staring at each other. Gyda knew something was going on, but her brother and Bálburunn would not say what. Lagertha paced around, stirring her stew occasionally while she waited for her husband to return home.

Finally, the door opened to reveal Ragnar. "I have good news, my family. I have the Earl's permission to sail back to England. We will be leaving soon."

"How soon is that?" Lagertha asked, stirring at the pot.

"Tomorrow."

The children stared at Lagertha. Her eyebrow quirked. She sighed. "We all wish you success. We will sacrifice to Odin." Bálburunn and Björn glanced at each other.

"Are you not coming?" Ragnar turned to his wife with a mischievous smile.

"What?"

"I want you to come with me."

"But the farm...the children."

"Björn will stay behind. Gyda will help him farm." Bálburunn could not help but smile about Björn being rejected. The last time they pillaged, his mistake almost cost Bálburun her life. Björn opens his mouth to protest.

"Who is to be in charge? I want to go to battle, father!"

"The priest. I will leave him with the key."

"You are not ready, Björn. Your father made a mistake of taking you last time. Bálburunn will stay behind with you." Lagertha said.

"What?" Bálburunn stood up at the same time as Björn. "But I can fight!"

"Father, you cannot put a slave above me! I am your son!"

Ragnar stared at the two of them. Björn sat back down, but the redhead stood in protest.