Ch. LIII

The Unfolding

Song: Hurt by Johnny Cash

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the fuck asshole!" Chloe hit the horn quickly as she was cut off on the road. "God, the people here can't fucking drive," She bit her lip out of irritation. 

Out of nowhere, she reaches for her chocolate shake as she was on her way to meet Jaxon after leaving the store. In the end, she could tell he was not in a good mood, something she didn't want to know what pissed him off but at the same time was going to ask. It was her man and as many times Jaxon told her not to worry about him, she worried as any woman should for their partner.

"I should've gotten French fries with you," She pouts, thinking about the combination of dipping French fries into her chocolate shake. "Fuck it,"

Chloe quickly arrives at the mechanic shop as she sees Jaxon in the parking lot, standing next to Liam. She could see their expressions were not so pleasant to her eyes, immediately she felt worried. Once exiting the car, Chloe walked over to Jaxon, expecting his stature and demeanor.

"Baby, are you okay?" Chloe takes his face into her hands as she observes his state. "Talk to me,"

Jaxon smirks at her affection, "I'm fine...but Liam..." He turns to his cousin who was busy downing a cold beer. "Almost got arrested,"

Chloe turns her attention to Liam, "Liam, what happened," She walks overs but bends down to his eye level. "You look like you want to kill someone,"

"I do," Liam was aware Chloe was in front of him but his eyes remained on the concrete. "Son of a bitch thought he could just step to...my mother!" He fists the beer bottle tightly. "I could've broken his fucking jaw,"

The thought of the beer bottle bursting in his hand scared Chloe, "Liam," She rests her hand around his. "Let go of the beer bottle,"

Jaxon watched Liam cautiously as he recognized that murderous look on his face. One thing he knew about Liam was that it took time for the man himself to calm down as anger had consumed him. He watched Chloe as well as she slowly removed the bottle from Liam's deadly grip and placed it next to her on the ground.

"Liam," Chloe calls out to him once more.

She never saw Liam in this type of state, so it was a bit of a surprise seeing as how mad he was. She always saw Liam as the calm and funny guy in the group but today as she saw something different.

"Let's just give him a minute babe," Jaxon tells her as he could see Liam just remaining in his world. "He'll be okay,"

Chloe looks up to Jaxon before looking back at Liam, "Stay right here. Don't do anything that's going to get you in trouble," She pats his before standing to her feet.