Ch. XVI

Celebratory Affair (III)

Song: Young, Wild, & Free by Wiz Khalifa & Snoop Dogg ft. Bruno Mars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, I'm here. What the hell do you want because I have five minutes to get my ass back in the car?" Brandon shut the door behind him as he went to take a seat across from Jaxon.

Jaxon shook his head as he stood to his feet walking over to the familiar painting of a pack of gray wolves. He took down the painting placing it carefully onto the floor before punching in the code of the safe.

"This is why." He shut the safe just before locking it and placing the painting back into its place. "That's your cut."

Brandon reached over taking the deep yellow colored envelope from his best friend, "Jaxon, how much is in this envelope?"

"You know not to ask me that question." Jaxon took his seat once more as he remained seated. "I told you. As long as you provide your services to us then you'll get paid for it."

"Every time I have to hack some shit I have to be two steps ahead before our asses are caught." Brandon joked as he took a peek into the envelope, over thirty crisp one-hundred-dollar bills rested neatly. "...but thank you."

Jaxon hummed, "You're welcome."

Before Brandon could say another word, his phone vibrated in his pocket with a text message. "I bet it's Jessie."

"You know she stays worried about you." Jaxon joked as Brandon flipped him off.

"And that's why she mine still to this very day." He commented as he read the message. "I know you fucking lying." He mumbles under his breath.

"Is there a problem?" Jaxon asked as Brandon sat back rubbing his forehead. "Is something wrong?"

Brandon inhaled before exhaling deeply, "She wants to be here for the night."

"She's here?" Jaxon pointed towards the door. "That's funny because you don't let her roam out there by herself."

Brandon placed the yellow envelope in his jacket pocket, "She's not here by herself."

Jaxon shook his head, "Then who's out there with her." As much as he didn't want to pry in Brandon's business, Jaxon had a feeling where this conversation was going.

Brandon slowly glanced into Jaxon's direction, "Chloe."

Jaxon didn't speak a word as he rested his back against the black leather desk chair. The thought of Chloe being inside this bar made him worried because one, he didn't expect her to be in this type of environment and two, he wondered if any man was talking to her.

"I know that look and I need you to steer clear away from that," Brandon said as Jaxon stare towards the door. "Don't start any shit tonight."

Jaxon directed his attention to Brandon, "She's out there."

Brandon nodded as he watched Jaxon stand to his feet, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Jaxon looked over his shoulder, "I just want to see for myself."

Brandon groaned as he stood to his feet following Jaxon out of the office to search for his lady and Chloe.