Ch. XXXI

When The Leaf Turns

Song: Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks Later

Left...right...left...right...

It was currently seven o'clock in the morning and Chloe was in the mood for running until she couldn't anymore. It was her stress reliever at the moment, aside from sex, running had become her coping mechanism for several weeks now. Her feet took her around the Washington park passing by trees and bushes and taking in the scenery of beautiful nature.

The earbuds that were plugged into her ear played the sounds of the Canadian rapper, Drake's Nice for What. It was one of her favorite songs she had come to love over time seeing as though she had a mad crush on the rapper.

The scenery of Washington Park always brought a sense of calm to Chloe. It was one of the favorite places she loved to visit when it came to one of those days. It was one of those days where she sat at a bench and read a book or just listen to what the creator offered.

"Where should I stop?" She asked herself mentally, her eyes scanning her surroundings before seeing an unoccupied bench.

Her feet begin to slow, struggling to hit the brake on her stopping motion while almost colliding with a fellow runner. She apologized quickly as she took the time to shake her legs, the muscles inside pulsing at a great height and it didn't bother her one bit.

It was one of the feelings she loved for running along with the adrenaline that coursed through her body.

Chloe had taken a seat on the bench checking her phone for any missed calls or text messages but there were none. A slight sad feeling dreaded her body but quickly, she shook it away as a way to not let it get to her.

Chloe: Text me back when you've awakened...

She pressed send hoping Jaxon would be awake knowing he was an early bird and she wasn't. A sly grin crept upon her lips remembering how he would wake her up on Saturdays so they would go down the creek and watch the sunrise, even the sunset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god! It's so beautiful!"

Chloe smiled as she watched the mom-to-be marvel at the sight of the brand new decorated baby room. It was nice to see a smile from one of her new clients, seeing as she received a few clients in the new upcoming month. It was mostly the same reaction but a different week when it came to her job and didn't mind seeing new faces.

"Miss Stewart, you really have outdone yourself with this room. I do appreciate that you took the time of fitting me in your schedule," The pregnant woman smiled with glee as she looked around the lavender and white-colored theme bedroom.

Chloe smiles holding her briefcase tightly, "Thank you so much, Lauren. I'm glad that you are satisfied with the outcome of this room. I know how much you really wanted this completed before the arrival of baby April."

Lauren smiles resting her hand against her swollen belly, "Yes, I'm very blessed actually...and knowing your rates were affordable was the icing on the cake."

"I hate to disagree." Chloe laughs. "...the icing on the cake is bringing baby April into this bedroom."

"Yeah..." Lauren agrees quickly, quietly observing the bedroom once again. "...you really brought my ideas to life."