Ch. XXXVI

Mother Knows Best

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four Days Later...

She knew he was slowly drifting to and fro

Gemma Avery-Morrow knew Jaxon like the back of her hand and if it was one thing she knew, Chloe Stewart had taken effect on her son. To know that her son had seen his long-time friend made her become protective over her only son. Gemma Avery-Morrow was the typical but headstrong mama bear. When it came to protecting her family, she would go through all obstacles just to make that happen.

"I know that look..."

Gemma turned her attention to her husband, Clay, as he had taken a seat on the wooden bench. "What's on your mind?"

Gemma didn't answer immediately but took a drag from her cigarette, "I'm just watching Jaxon, that's all." She blew the smoke into the air. "Just knowing he's the father of one child and has one on the way with that sleazy bitch Heather."

Clay nodded, "I know how much you don't like her." He looks to his wife as she carried to disdainful look on her face. "I have a feeling you're not happy about it."

"I'm not happy with the fact she's carrying his baby, Clay," Gemma pulled another drag. "...it literally was a matter of time before this shit caught up with his ass,"

"Well, shit happens," Clay sighs heavily looking over at Jaxon. "...is that the only thing bothering you,"

"Hell no," Gemma glances towards her husband. "Chloe is also another problem for him,"

His brow raises, "Why is Chloe a problem, Gemma?"

"It's just that she stayed away so long and decides to come back into his life." She folds her arms. "...I just don't want her playing those games with my son."

"They are adults, so they can handle this situation on their own." Clay begins to explain. "I know how much you love Jaxon and yes, he's your only son but at the same time, that's a grown-ass man. Understand?"

Gemma glanced at her husband wanting to agree with him but for some reason, she couldn't. "I know my son is a grown man now and I respect that...but...I'm keeping my eyes on him including both those women."

Clay didn't respond but shook his head, "Always mama bear." He smirked as Gemma did the same.

"...and always will," Gemma responded before taking her last final drag and letting the smoke escape from her lips. "I need to make a store run for tonight's dinner."

Clay watches as Gemma stood to her feet collecting her purse, "Did you have anything in mind?"

Gemma smirks, "Just know you and the rest of these hungry ass people will have a decent meal," She kissed her husband before taking her departure for the store.