Ch. XLV

The Slap Heard Around The World(II)

Song: Smack A Bitch by Rico Nasty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was lifted high to the sky, its brightness beaming all down on Fairsborro while its heated presence was made well known. Chloe was out on the town heading to the park to clear her head from Jaxon's recent behavior. She wondered what he meant what he said...

Would he indeed kill Zach if he was in her presence again?

It bothered her just a bit but for some reason, wouldn't believe that he could inflict that type of transgression.

Chloe was a lover of nature and she enjoyed every piece that was offered to her every day. She sighs deeply while observing the semi-packed park before laying down her grandmother's quilt and taking a seat. She brought along a few knickknacks that consisted of a favorite book of hers, a light snack, water for hydration, and sunscreen. With a slight hum, she places on some relaxation tunes and proceeds to read...

"C'mon Chloe," she grunts under her breath as she tried to get into the mood for reading but couldn't. "Okay, no reading," She closes the book just deciding to observe the park some more.

It was as if the people around her were enjoying their time together more than she was. Today, she knew Jaxon was up to no good when it dealt with the club but didn't say a word. A part of it didn't let it get to Chloe but a small fraction made her scalp prickle. As much as she wanted to accept his life, she wanted Jaxon gone from it...but that would never happen even if she asked.

"Too bad he's engraved into it," She purses her lips together. Her eyes glanced up feeling relief of the shade the thick cloud provided from the sun. "Thank goodness,"

"Hey, there sunshine,"

Looking over her shoulder, Chloe smirks once she sees Kyle standing behind her wearing a simple outfit; a loose tank top, denim shorts, and sandals. She takes a seat on the quilt remembering to meet up with Chloe seeing as the two women haven't hung out in a while.