Ch. VII

First Step

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day that Chloe slightly dreaded and that was her mother leaving for Fairsborro today. It was Monday morning and Chloe decided to drive her mother to the airport seeing as her flight was leaving at eleven in the morning. As of now, both mother and daughter sat in silence in her car as Chloe drove to the airport.

Lisa sipped her morning decaf coffee as she senses her daughter's tension, "You know...it's not good to be upset before a loved one or anyone is going to catch a flight."

Chloe blinked as a small wave of guilt came over her knowing her mother was right. A part of her felt slightly sad that she wouldn't be leaving with her mother to Fairsborro knowing she was still debating about going.

"Sorry, mom...I'm just having a bad morning." She said not wanting to lie but she couldn't tell her the real reason.

Lisa nodded as she looked out the window, "...and it's not good to lie to a parent before they board a flight." She turned to Chloe watching as her daughter sighed.

Chloe slowed down an upcoming red light, "I'm just nervous that you're going there and they're going to bombard you with any type of question."

"That is true." Lisa immediately answered as Chloe resumed driving. "...and what should I tell them this time."

Chloe could sense her mother becoming slightly upset, "Tell them I had to work."

Lisa nodded as she looked out the window of Chloe's car sipping her coffee as well. The airport came into view as Chloe's mind begins to race with many thoughts just thinking if her mom might run into Jaxon.

"What if he asks her about me?" She thought to herself as she parked her car.

Chloe and Lisa both exited the car as she helped her mother with her suitcase and followed her into the airport. The time as of now was nine-fifty in the morning seeing as Lisa didn't want to miss her flight. Chloe looked around the slightly crowded airport as she watched her mother take a phone call.

"Hello, hey mom." Chloe turned her head minding her business as her mom begins talking to her grandmother. "Yeah, she right here."

"Mom!" Chloe mouthed inaudibly as Lisa reached her daughter her cell phone. "No!"

"Talk to your grandmother." Lisa threatened her daughter as Chloe took the phone from her. "...and you better talk like you got some sense."

Chloe grumbled her breath, "Hello," She smiles into the phone as she waited for her grandmother to speak. "Nana."

"And how are you, Coco?" Her grandmother finally asked as she and Lisa went to take a seat in the seating area. "It's been a while since we talk."

Chloe knew her grandmother really well to know she was patient, spoke with patience but held an her emotions when it dealt with her family.

"I'm doing well, nana," Chloe responded as she felt her hands become clammy. "How are you?" She asked slightly nervous.

Georgia didn't speak for a second, "I'm doing well for myself including your papa. He's been asking about you lately."