Chapter 23

Sarah POV:

"Ugh... if this smell kills me I ain't gonna be surprised."

It was past noon by the time we reached the Bog of Eternal Stench. Sir Didymus, leading the group as always, spoke up, "I say dear goblin, if thou shall refuse to stop thine's grumbling I will have no choice but to turn this search party around!"

Hoggle rolled his eyes, "Speakin' of 'search' party, do we have any idea what we're looing for?"

I shook my head, "No. I don't even know where to start looking."

I'd taken to limping due to the spread of the poison in my body; as I tried to step over a jutting stone I stumbled and fell to the ground. My arms went out to catch myself but collapsed underneath me. I felt my face smack the ground and when I looked up with watery eyes I saw the concern of the people around me. Jareth hobbled over to where I was, "Sarah, let me carry you-"

"No." I struggled to sit up, "I just tripped. It's okay, really I'm okay."

Jareth looked at the one boot he still wore and nodded, "At least use this."

He handed me a wooden cane with what looked like a bird head on top. I took it from him and as I was standing asked, "Where did you get this?"

He shrugged, "It was one of my clues."

I frowned, knowing that I had seen it somewhere but not sure where. Ludo groaned, "Smell bad."

I sighed sympathetically, "I know, but we have to find the clue."

Hoggle kicked at an overgrown tree root, "We might as well get looking. I don't want to stay here any longer than we need to."

With that we began combing through every detail of the bog. It wasn't until the sun was setting that I permitted Ludo to carry me- I had lost all use of my legs.

"Keep up dear brother. It shan't be much longer before we find what 'tis we are searching for."

There was a highpitched yelp and Ambrosius shook his rider from his back, whining and tripping over his feet. Didymus hopped to his feet, more than a little put off, "Ambrosius you coward! Why hath thou thrown me!"

The white sheepdog was shaking as he sat down and licked at his back paw. Jareth knelt down on his good leg and examined the dog's foot. Squinting he spoke up, "There's something in his foot."

Hoggle grumpily pushed Jareth out of the way and using the various tools he normally kept for jewely, began picking at Ambrosius' paw. Within minutes he held a fragment of glass inbetween a pair of tweezers. I looked at it, "Was that all? A piece of glass?"

The goblin lifted it to the light, "That's not glass. It's crystal."

I knew we'd found the clue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies!

Sorry about the crappy chapter and not updating last week.

Anywho, I have some things I'll be doing after school for the next two to three months but I don't imagine that I'll stop updating- I'm too excited to finish this darn thing already ^_^ (and I mean that with love)

Well, hope everyone's day is going well. Toodle loo!

Vocab: Equable (EK-wuh-bull) adj- without variation. Example: The island had a pleasant and equable climate.

As always:

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

LEARN NEW THINGS ^_^