03

Sloan's POV

Acel D'Aboville, the French Mafia leader and my biological father. Him and his wife were well known in the life of mafias and assassins. Her being a assassin and him a powerful mafia leader. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

We arrived in New York 30 minutes ago and we're headed to their house, well at least that's what he told me. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the whole situation that couldn't get any worse than it already was, well at least I hoped so.

Family? I have a family. I knew 'he' was never my father but I didn't expect to have one, along with a family.

One good thing about this entire or deal was that they were familiar with the life of crime so it wouldn't be hard to explain when they found out.

Just thinking that this could have been rectified years ago when I snuck out to that police station. They could've taken my DNA just like they did two days ago and we would not have been here today.

We would not have been here today. I would've never had a mafia, met the people I know now and never be able to achieve that I already did.

I'm pulled out of my reverie as the car came to a stop in front of a tall building. The sun reflected off the dark panels of glass that wrapped the exterior, that expanded up.

They lived in a penthouse?

I followed alongside him to the elevator, my suitcase being carried by him.

I watched silently as he pressed the bottom for the top floor, typing in a passcode soon after.

"Everyone should be home now, no one but Blaise, your mother knows about you coming hear." I nodded at his words, threading my fingers through my hair, combing it back.

The doors opened in a large foyer, my distorted reflection was seen in the marble flooring that lead you to a large open panel living room. Beams of sun shone through the floor to ceiling windows, brightening the room.

"These steps lead to the two floor above us, come with me so I could show you your room for the time being."

I followed behind him to the second floor, stopping at a large black door. It matched the multiple other doors in the hallway, all continuing to the double doors at the end.

The room was basically empty, besides a bed in the center. The far left wall was all glass, that looked over New York. The opposite wall held two doors, what I could only guess was the bathroom and the closet.

"You can decorate it however you want, bathroom and closet." He gestured to the doors, confirming what I already knew.

"Do you want a minute alone or can we just go now?"

"Now's fine." He nodded, resting my suitcase in front the bed on the floor.

I followed alongside him they way we came, crossing the living room to the open entry way to the kitchen.

Loud talking finally reached my ears when we passed through another entry way to the dining room.

He cleared his throat loudly, drawing their attention to us.

"This is Sloan, your sister Sloan." There eyes snapped in my direction, wide in shock.

The woman at the head of the table, whose resemblance to me was uncanny, got up from her seat her eyes locked with his.

"Really?" He walked up to her, nodding as he smiled sadly, pulling her into a hug.

"I thought you died." The girl said, looking up from the book she was just buried in.

I cocked a brow at her words, confused.

"We've been looking for you for years before we stopped and came to the conclusion that you died." Acel explained slowly, getting a far away look in his eyes.

"Where were you?" One of the men, my brothers I suppose, asked. His tone was suspicious but curios at the same time.

"Louis." Acel reprimanded, his stare stern.

"Sloan." I said, my stare lazy as I studied them. My eyes connected with ones a direct replica of my light blue eyes.

"Sit, please." His wife, pulled out the vacant share, gesturing for me to sit.

I sat calmly, the multiple burning gazes on me, not at all bothering me.

"I got a call last night from a police station in Spain. And well now where here..." Acel continued, sitting at the head of the table.

"Spain?"

"Yes, and now I'm in America with a house full of strangers." I answered the shocked question of who I now know as Louis, leaning back in my seat.

"I'm Acel you already knew that, Blaise, my wife and your mother," He gestured to the woman, who just couldn't keep her eyes off me, "Dion, Beau, Louis, Nolan and Enora."

"All in that order." His wife added when he finished.

"Let me get you something to eat," She rushed out getting up from her seat that she retook not second ago, stopping short, "No gluten." She added, smiling to herself before turning and walking to the kitchen.

I had celiac disease, which was an intolerance to anything that contained gluten. I hid my surprise to the fact that she even knew that, this, along with the fact that they all had basic knowledge of me lead to the conclusion that I was with them for sometime.

"When you're finished, we can go to my office and explain everything." Acel reassured, smiling at me.

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.