27

Dion's POV

Sloan falls to the floor back arching as she fight to breath. She clawed at her throat her face turning a bright red, blood leaking from her nose. Enora dropped to her side grabbing her wrist stopping her from hurting herself more. 

Dad wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her back as some guards rushed over with a cot. Lifting her onto it they ran into the house, mom and dad behind them. We stood there confused what the fuck just happened? That couldn't have been just any bullet wound.

Wiping away the tears from my cheeks roughly, Beau and Louis runs in after mom and dad, as Nolan cried on aunt Clara who lead him to the house slowly.

Enora and I quickly follow Beau and Louis into the house, we all took the elevator to the floor, pacing anxiously as the numbers changed slowly.

When we got to the floor where the built in hospital was we see mom crying into dad's shoulder, Ambrose coming running around from the other hallway.

"What's going on?" Ambrose says frantically.

"They shot her, her heart stopped she-she-" Dad shakes his head tears rolling down his face as he hugged mom back tightly.

"She what dad?" Beau asked hysterically, waving his hands wildly.

"They kept trying and trying, shocking her heart trying to restart it but they pushed us out the room before anything could happen."

"Mierda!" Ambrose curses loudly taking off down the hallway to the elevator.

"We just have to wait now." He says, leading mom to the chair, trying his best to comfort her.

Grabbing a crying Enora by the shoulder I sit pulling her into my lap, rubbing her back soothingly as she cried into my shoulder, before long she fell asleep her arms wrapped around my neck.

Sloan just came back into our lives and the thought of her dying was terrifying, to all of us. Even though we thought she was dead all those years ago, I don't think this family could go through that again. Mom nearly killed herself with depression and dad became a raging workaholic, if it wasn't for Enora we wouldn't have had a mother or maybe not even a present father.

Some very long hours of pacing, what if's and crying the doctor finally walked from the door that I've been staring at for the last few hours willing him to hurry up. He sighed heavily rubbing at his eyebrows, he looked stressed.

"Good news and bad news. Good news she's alive, after many attempts her heart started again."

"But?" Ambrose asked, he came back not too long ago.

"When we removed the bullet it was coated in a poison that went into her blood stream. Her body tried fighting it, what you saw in the driveway was her body reaching its limits and shutting down. We have no antidote for it, we need another bullet to make one. She doesn't have long before it spreads throughout her entire body so we must do it quickly."

"Is she awake?" Ambrose asked the question we were all dying to know.

"No, she is in a coma."

"We left the bodies in the forest, they may still be there." Enora says to us brows furrowed thinking hard.

Ambrose nods his head before turning to leave but dad stops him.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'll send out a team to find it, Jefa cannot die."

"But how, you don't even know where it is. Take me with you." Enora says jumping up from my lap.

"No!" Beau and I say at the same time. "We can't have you in a coma too Enora." He continues his eyes filling with tears.