17

Blaise's POV

When Sloan was kidnapped all those years ago I couldn't cope with the pressure, the pressure of finding her. It always hung on the back of my head that after all those years my baby had died. I only had her for 2 years, my beautiful baby, that was a replica of me with her father beautiful pale blue eyes. Her wide smile with her deeply defined dimples on her cheeks.

When I stood face to face with her after 15 years staring into those beautiful eyes, I was stuck. My daughter had finally returned but she wasn't the same after 15 years without her family she changed drastically. If I ever thought we would get her back one day I always knew she would never be the same, that at such a young age she probably would never remember us.

And she didn't, she didn't smile ever she never laughed, never ever called us mom or dad which I can understand but why wouldn't she laugh why would she go quiet sometimes, getting a dead look in her eyes that scares me.

When she slept with us I thought we would maybe experience one of her nightmares like before but she didn't she slept peacefully muttering things occasionally. When she had turned towards me throughout the night unconsciously cuddling me before sighing, falling back into a deep sleep muttering incoherent words. I couldn't go back to sleep I cuddled her back the entire night watching her as she slept peacefully. When I laid her back down to sleep the next morning, she could've easily pulled away and leave, but she didn't.

Acel was jealous for a while, deciding to take it upon himself to try and get closer to her. I encouraged him because maybe then he could bring out a side in her that we haven't see since she came back.

So to see them walking into the house late at night talking animatedly with each other brought me so much joy. The family stared in awe of their conversation that looked so effortless. She always had similar trait with her father even before she was taken. Always so vigilant, only talking when they needed too and always there for the ones that they loved.

Sloan noticed our presence first nodding at us like usual before going up the stairs and to her room. Acel smiles wide holding his arms out at his sides, turning around once before saying, "Guess who got called papa today? Me!" He says excitedly, I smile at him then he's been so happy since she came home.

"And she even smiled at me I think it's your turn to be jealous Blaise," he says laughing. I am jealous I won't lie I want her to smile at me too.

"Yh, yh rub it in," I answer rolling my eyes at him.

"Does she really have dimples like you said dad?" Enora ask him.

"Yes and the biggest smile ever," He says in wonder.

The family starts talking loudly as Acel walks up to our room to shower. Not even five minutes later Sloan comes back down looking comfy as ever in an over sized t-shirt and sweatpants. Her hair was still slightly damp meaning she just came out of the shower, she walks into the kitchen before coming back with a bowl of pistachios and sitting down beside me on the settee. Offering me the bowl I shake my head no watching at she passes it around the room.

She leans back looking at the the movie that was playing, I stare at her admiring her, she turns to me eyebrow raised, questioning. I lean back into my seat continuing to watch the movie like nothing happened. 

Throughout the movie she fell asleep on me tired from the long day she had. I run hands through her now dry hair, resting her head in my lap, her mouth was open slightly as her rib cage rose and fell lightly.

When the movie had ended and everyone was heading to bedroom, Beau lifted up Enora caring her bridal style up to her room, her head lying on his chest. Acel comes over and picks up Sloan, she stirs slightly before falling back into a deep sleep resting her head on his chest.

I follow them to her room as he walks in laying her down gently before pulling the duvet over her. He kisses her on her forehead whispering good night before walking to me. When he picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waste instantly, closing the door behind him gently he walks us to our room.

As he closes our door he whispers in my ear, "Can I have another one?" Knowing exactly what he was talking about I lean back looking him in his eyes before laughing out loud. He laughs with me dropping onto the bed, facing him I say, "Even if I could I wouldn't, 6 is more than enough."

After Enora we made a consensual decision to freeze my eggs because bringing more children into this world would mean more open opportunities for heartache.

"You know I asked Sloan a question today and I've been fucking freaking out inside since," He says his face draining of colour.

"What did you ask?"

"I asked her if she could ride, obviously I was referring to the bike but when she didn't answer and I looked back onto her shocked face then I realized what it sounded like. L-like I was asking-" He's cut off by my hysterical laughter.

"Y-you-"  I laugh louder at his face expression.

"I haven't heard you laugh like that in a while," He says smiling down at me.

I smile back at him, getting comfortable in the bed before we fall asleep together, happy.

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.