Epilogue

1 month later

Third Person POV

"Fucking bitch!" Blaise screamed loudly tightening her grip on Acel's hand, who glared at the tattoo artist tattooed the words on her thigh, too close to her crotch for his liking eventhough it was right above her kneecap.

Sloan and Louis snickered quietly on the sidelines as they watched their mother get tattooed.

"Laugh it up, I want to hear you when your turn comes." She says weakly.

Louis and Sloan laugh harder, not at all fazed by her comments and threats. She even threatened to not make them breakfast, taking that Sloan and Louis were clueless about anything to do with cooking.

"Does it really hurt that bad mom?" Enora ask brows furrowed in worry as she watched her mother's face that was etched in pain.

"Don't listen to her Enora, it's not that bad." Louis said to his sister throwing his arm around her shoulder.

"You need to stop or else you'll bite your finger off." Dion says to Nolan. He bit his nails anxiously the entire time, still biting when there wasn't anymore to bite.

He pulled his hands away from his mouth gripping his thighs, that bounced wildly, his back straight.

"What's wrong?" Sloan asked her twin, noticing his unusual quietness.

"I have never had a tattoo before." He said looking towards his twin that had tattoos littered all over her body.

"Don't worry I'll hold your hand the entire time." She said to him, pushing the hair away that fell on his forehead. 

"Okay who's next?" The tattoo artist asked finished with Blaise, who limped to her seat slowly.

"Me!" Louis said stepping up to the chair. He told the man that he wanted the tattoo on his left pectoral.

They all had decided on having an intricate design of a family tree, with each of their names which they all signed themselves.

As Louis was being prepped Emmanuel finally arrived.

"What did I miss?" He asked Sloan sitting next to her.

"Just mama being a baby." She said to him loudly deliberately.

"Don't listen to her Emmanuel, that shit hurt like a bitch." Blaise said to him.

Sloan smiled at her teasingly before turning back to Emmanuel, "Where were you?" She asked him suspiciously.

"Just running some errands for my mom." He lied, Sloan raised a brow at him not believing a word he said.

Beau went after Louis, hissing softly at the pain. Louis didn't make a single noise or show any sign of pain. Dion like his brother hissed loudly when it the artist started but not the entire time. He didn't have many tattoos but he did a few.

When it was Nolan's turn he pulled Sloan along with him to the chair. He wanted it on his shoulder blade. When it started he gripped Sloan's hand hard, whimpering as the needle glided over his skin. Sloan distracted him, questioning what kind of car she should buy next, allowing him to rant about specs. In no time he had finished and it was Sloan's turn.

"I want it right on my lower abdomen." She pointed to the clear spot just above the hem of her pants. Lying back on the chair holding her shirt up, allowing the man to begin.

She felt as he drew the tree tracing over the lines. She watched as he tattooed it on never showing any signs of pain.

"Done." The artist said sitting back in his seat, she was the last person. Acel had gone first to help Blaise do it willingly.

Emmanuel walked up to the artist whispering to him as the family showed of their first ever tattoo together. Well everyone except Enora who just admired them, having to wait until she was eighteen which she didn't mind at all.

Sloan looked over to Emmanuel who was laying in the chair being prepped for a tattoo. "I thought you didn't want any." She stated standing beside the chair.

"I changed my mind." He said laying still.

"What are you getting?" She asks him, leaning over to get a glimpse at it.

"It's a suprise." He said smiling at her, pushing her back gently, silently telling her to not look.

She walked away back to her family, waiting for him so they could leave. They had grown accustomed to having Emmanuel around and I saw him as an adjacent member of their family.

Emmanuel had arrived late because he was deciding on a tattoo that would mean something to Sloan. For her and Nolan's eighteenth birthday two weeks ago they went to Ibeza to celebrate with the entire family. 

It was fun to say the least, to Sloan and Nolan getting shit faced drunk together after they dragged race with the new Paganis they each got for their birthday and winning. To them almost blowing up their parent's yacht with fireworks, it was exhilarating.

He chose as phrase and got the help of Ambrose, who he was on the phone with not to long ago, to translate it to Spanish. Knowing Google translate wasn't always accurate.

'Me sorprende el tiempo que pasamos juntos, nunca se siente suficiente.'
(I am amazed at the time we get to spend together, it never feels like enough.)

You can think of your own thing though because I honestly didn't know what to put to make sure it was not be extremely cliche. It still kinda it's whatever.

It was simple and it made him smile when he read it.

"Okay dude your done." Emmanuel looks down on his chest seeing the spanish word in cursive over his heart.

"Are going to show it to me now?" Sloan asked him.

Moving his hand he allowed her to read  the words. He even put it in Spanish she thought smiling widely at the gesture.

"Happy birthday Sloan." He said quietly to her.

"Thank you." She said back to him. Thanking him for this undeniable happiness, for all the times he made her smile so effortlessly.

She thanked those useless foster parents for dying. If not she would have met her family, who made her feel so loved and cared for.

She would not have grown as a person to accept that love and affection with open arms, would not have wanted it. 

And she would not have met her love, her Emme.

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.