09

Sloan's POV

It's been a few days since that entire predicament from Monday night. Everyone has been treading lightly around me afraid I'll blow up on them, honestly I'm still the calm Sloan just don't bring up the events of that night and were good.

It's Saturday and some of the important mafia members are suppose to be coming into New York today, Ambrose will be coming as well. We tried to keep this as discreet as possible because the Italians are watching paying close attention to our movements. That's why we took so long planning, coming in groups not too big for it attract unwanted attention.

I'm broken out of my thought as Enora screams scrambling to grab the blanket to cover her eyes. We're in the theater room watching a movie together, family time as Blaise says. The boys insisted we watched a horror, they were trying hard to get a reaction out of me.

I'm not even paying attention to the movie because it's so boring, it's not scary and all those things are fake anyway. My phone rings from my the pocket of my shorts, I pull it out to see my assistant calling me. "Excuse me," I say walking out the room to answer it.

"Ma'am?" He asks.

"What?"

"We lost the plan and presentation files for the upcoming meeting."

"We as in who?"

"Clara ma'am she started working two weeks ago, she said she took them home for revision and lost them."

"Well, tell Clara to go home and look for them. She really won't like it if I have to come there. Yes?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good."

"What do I pay them for?" I whisper to myself running my hand through my hair frustrated. Even though I have the original for those files in a safe in my office it was very important and losing those will make her lose her job.

Walking back into the theater room I sit down, continuing to watch the movie.

"Something wrong Sloan?" Blaise ask quietly from beside me.

"Those imbeciles never do their job right," I say glaring at the tv screen." she chuckles lightly saying, "Your just like your father."

This catches me off guard for a second but I relax back into the chair not saying another word.

Surprisingly no one left that night for anything work related we had dinner together. It was fine, no drama this time and I contributed a few words in the conversations. I'm slowly getting comfortable in my environment, even though I don't think I would ever tell them all my deepest darkest secrets. I can finally relax knowing they aren't going to try to kill me, poison me or even put gluten in my food.

Not feeling like going to bed I went to the terrace, lying back in a lounge looking at the stars and moon that light up the dark sky.

"Your up." Nolan states coming out on the terrace lying on another lounge.

"I couldn't sleep," I say taking him in, he looked tired. I would always catch him staring at me occasionally with a type of need in his eyes. I never knew how to react to that so I never brought it up.

"When I saw you that morning, I felt-" he starts talking suddenly. "I felt so whole, you know? My other half was here the only person I wanted most in the world and when I looked into your eyes I didn't see the same thing in your when you looked at me. I kept myself up night after night contemplating if I should talk to you, or if you even wanted me too." He says quietly.

"I would follow you anywhere even if you don't want me to. Your my twin and I missed you, so much." He says tears falling from his eyes. I get up feeling a tightness in my chest, I sit next to him before placing his head into my lap and run my hand through his dark hair soothingly trying to comfort him.

"Don't think I dont want you. I could never hate you and as you said I'm your twin and I can't live without you. I never knew what I was missing but I would always feel like I was missing something. That void finally felt full the night you helped me set up my room and talked my ear off about the most random things. I realized it was you i was missing all along." I say quietly suprising myself by my confession.

He sits up and hugs me tight putting his head in the crook of his neck. I do the same to him enjoying his unknowingly familiar warmth. I get up holding my hand out to him, he took it without hesitation. We walked to my room, getting into bed and falling asleep. Cuddling with eachother, enjoying the feeling of finally being together after so long.

Vote and comment. Enjoy your day/night.