16

Sloan's POV

We moved into the safe house almost a week ago, we've heard nothing from the Italians since. Ambrose bought the new house somewhere in the middle of nowhere hiding the exact location from the guards and even the inner circle members. He gave them all Serum Software programmed phones so that way I could know exactly who they call and program it correctly so they can't be hacked.

I have to go to school today with Enora and Nolan because we didn't go in a while, trying to get comfortable in our in environment. The safe house was a modern cabin deep into the forest next to a river. The grandparents stayed in America instead of going back to their house in Russia and France not wanting to take the chance of having more rats that sell them out and inevitable lead to their death.

I walk into the kitchen ready for the day, I sit eating quickly unable to wait any longer to go to school to see Emmanuel.

"Ok I'm leaving, are you coming with me Enora or Nolan?" I ask her to make sure before leaving

"You!" She calls running out the kitchen to get her bag. She hadn't finished her food yet.

"Enora aren't you going to finish?" I ask her pointing to her pancakes.

"Oh yh but I didn't want to keep you back," She says shyly.

"Sit and eat Enora, I can wait," I say to her guiding her back to her chair.

"When you come home Sloan I would like to take you somewhere," Acel says to me, not illaberating on the somewhere.

"Sure," I say nodding, that makes him smile brightly. Blaise watches our interaction smiling lightly, their up to something.

"Ok I'm ready now let's go," Enora say to me walking out the kitchen after saying goodbye to everyone separately. I just tell everyone bye before following her out, that would be exhausting to tell the entire family bye.

To get onto the road it took nearly 15 minutes. I had to repaint my car and darken the tint considering people where watching us. I doubt it would really do anything but it was just a required precaution. Pulling up to the school extremely late I park in my usual spot to the front before getting out with a frantic Enora who basically sprints away to her class.

I walk to my class on the other side of the school before going into the class. Ignoring the teacher I sit next to Ilya at the back of the class.

"Where's Andre?" I ask looking around eyes landing on Emme who was staring at me. I nod to him before turning back to Ilya, "Hello to you too Sloan and of course my weekend was good." She answers rudely.

"He didn't feel like coming today so here I am, all by myself," she says wiping away non existent tears. I nod before turning back to the front of the class.

"Did you hear about what happen to the principal and his son?" She ask me eyes filled with mischief.

"No what happened?" I already have a mind at what happened but not exactly.