Part three

A couple of days later Maya enters the station and knew she had a long shift ahead. Things didn't improved in here. She has to do something about it. She knew that, but it was easier said than done.

She walks in to her office and fine a stack of paperwork "great.. just great" she sighed. This was the least fun about the job.

After a couple of hours no big calls came in and she decided to get some coffee from the communal dining room. She enters the room and see that everyone from the A team was sitting there, talking, laughing with each other. And as soon as she took one step in the room, the whole atmosphere changed.

She decided to join them and talk with them about anything or anyone. Just to make casual conversation again. She missed that. Now that she is captain everyone treated her differently.

The atmosphere had improved a little bit. Andy finally said a few thing to Maya, and it felt so good to talk to her best friend. They were both in the race for the job as captain, so Andy wasn't really happy about it that it was Maya who got the job. Even though Andy knew deep down inside that it wasn't her fault, she still blamed her for it.

"I miss my best friend and roommate" Maya said

"I do to but - " Andy was saying but was cut off at that moment the alarm from the station went off.

* station 19 - 3 alarm fire 9514 8th Ave S"

"Okay team this is a big one, move move move" Maya said when she stood op to put her gear on.

As we sit in de vehicle Maya did a quick fill in with everyone. "Okay so it's a three alarm fire on a hotel. People are still trapped inside, so we have to keep that in mind de whole ride. There are 60 firefighters at the scene so keep an eye on each other"

"Herrera and Gibson - Hughes and Miller and Montgomery and Warren go together" she said at the final moment. "NINETEEN"

"Nineteen!"