Part eleven

It was now 2 weeks further and Maya was slowly recovering from the scene. Her head didn't hurt anymore, the burned skin was still a bit painful but it was healing. Only she was still in lots of pain that was coming from her shoulder. It was getting better, but she wanted to go fighting fires and work-out.

Carina came by Maya house as much as she could. Bringing her coffee, making her dinner or just catching up with her day with a glass of wine for the two.

The doctor didn't clear Maya for working already but she couldn't help herself. She walked to the station where everyone was cheering that she was back already.

"Wow Maya already? Do you think that is wise?" Andy said to her

"He-yeah, I'm only doing some paperwork and catching up with you guys. I miss you guys and this station a lot you know. It's lonely at home" Maya said in the hope no one was going to say anything about it again because she was there.

"Good that you still have a hot Italian brunette who comes by often" Vic said laughing, knowing it because she spoke to Carina and that was making Maya blush

"We're having a good time" Maya looked at the ground smiling from ear to ear and than back to her team

—————————————————————

Carina was changing in normal clothing because she was done with her shift. Last two weeks she felt completely alive because of Maya. She didn't think bad about herself for eating, she just felt that good.

She decided to text Maya to bring her some Italian soup.
——
Ciao Bella, I'm bringing you some soup, do you want anything else? I can bring you some of that bread you liked that much?

Carina is smiling because of the bond she already build with Maya in such a short notice. She knew what she liked, she already could see how Maya felt and helped her with it.

Still nothing has happened between the two of them. They flirted with each other, they could talk about everything with each other. But the subject relationships or anything didn't come by. Carina thought Maya felt attracted to both gender, but she didn't know for sure.
——-
Maya was thinking the exact same thing, she was so happy that she met Carina and everything felt so natural with her. They are like two magnets, they attract each other and the chemistry is insane. But was it just as friends? It was so hard to tell.

Maya was thinking about her when she felt her phone buzzing.

"Fuck.. now I have to tell her that I'm at work" Maya said to herself watching the text she got but the whole team heard it and laughed a little
——-
So.. uhm.. I'm at the station doing some work. No big deal. Just popping by to see how everyone was doing.
——
You what? You're not allowed to work Maya!!
I'm coming to the station. Do you want soup, yes or no?
—-
Maya felt that Carina didn't appreciated it. At least she gets to see her again she thought.
——
Soup and bread is fine beautiful.
——
Carina was getting some soup and the bread that Maya liked and drove to the station. When she arrived everyone was greeting her. "Heyyy Carina" Vic said to her

"Hey Victoria, how are you?" She asked her

Victoria put her thump up and walked further when she saw Carina's eyes were only focussed on Maya's.

"Bella.. what are you doing here" she asked with very sweet voice, walked towards her and took her hand.

Maya rolled her eyes at her and Carina breath stocked because she found it very attractive.

"Come on, I'll bring you home" she said now walking towards the door, still holding hands with her.

Maya waved to everyone and almost walked out of the door when Andy ran to her "Maya, Friday a small party with everyone, to celebrate that you are back?"

"I love that! At my place, 8 pm. You tell everyone?" Maya said enthusiastic "Will you be there to?" Andy asked then looking at Carina

Carina looked at Maya, back at Andy then back at Maya. Maya gave a little nod to let her know it was okay that she came. Of course it was okay.

———-
They now were at Maya's, watching a movie and eating the delicious soup with the best bread Maya has ever tasted.

They were having such a good time, sitting on the couch facing each other, laughing and got nothing from the film that was playing at all.

"This is soooo good" Maya said tilted her head almost screaming making Carina laugh

Carina looked up at the younger women and laughed. They finished up and put the plates on the coffee table. Carina laughed again, making Maya nervous because she didn't knew why she laughed

"Wha- what?" Maya asked nervously but with a small smile on her face

Carina continued laughing

"Yo-you have a little something" Carina said reaching at the corner of Maya's mouth and wiped a bread crum with her thumb.

Both women froze for a moment, looking each other deep in the eyes and got lost in the moment. Carina's hand still on Maya's cheek as she slowly rubbed it up and down. Maya closed her eyes at the touch and reached Carina's hand along side her cheek.

It was now the time, this was the moment. Carina looked at Maya's eyes and then to her lips. She leaned in to kiss her and just when Maya did the same something happened.

"Awrggg fuck" Maya screamed reaching for her broken shoulder scaring the crap out of Carina who quickly leaned back again and withdraw her hand.

"What is it, are you okay?" Carina asked worried

"Aaaachhh. Yea-yeah. I forgot to take my medicine for the pain. This happened a lot lately so I have something for it" "sorry for scaring you" Maya said disappointed in herself that it has to happened exactly at this point. At this moment. This moment from the whole day..seriously??

Carina was looking at the clock and realized she had to go to her house because her brother came to diner later. She also was disappointed that the moment was ruined, not that Maya could do anything about it.

"I have to go Bella, go get some sleep" she said, now taking her hand again and kissed the top of it. "I see you Friday" Carina said as she walked through the door.

A/N- it's coming, let me know what you think. You can always message  me:)