Part four

"Nineteen"

We all got out of the vehicle and make our way to the building.

"Okay team. Go together in the pairs and wait for my sign. I updated as soon as possible." Maya said

Maya was walking away from the group recognizing it was her time to shine now. It was. Get it together Maya. You can do this she was thinking to herself.

As she walked away to the battalion chief she heard Andy in the porto saying she wanted to go from the left side because the right sight was already blocked. 

"Herrera wait for my sign" she said to her in a irritating voice so she would notice that she had to wait for her.

"Chief, what's the status?" Maya asked in a rushed tone so they can hurry in to the building who was about to collapse in like 15 minutes.

"Bishop, 35 people are still remaining on the right of the building. Everything is blocked so we are trying to find a way to get to them. The fire on the left side is onder control by everyone else. We just have to find a way to get those people out."

Maya nodded her head for a sigh to the chief that she's on to it.

"Nineteen, 35 people still on the right side of the building, everything blocked but we have to find a way" Maya said to her team and thinking about a way they can manage this

" I go to the left side and make my way in, I will figure it out" Andy said as soon as Maya was done speaking.

"Herrera, you are not going to do that, the building fire is under control but minutes of crashing down to the ground." Maya said to her , again on a tone that she had to listen to what the captain said.

Maya was thinking, she studied every fire so far so she has to come up with something. Andy on the other hand was still questioning her as everyone else just stood there watching the two of them fight.

"I got it" Maya said in a surprised voice

"Gibson, Miller and Montgomery come with me" Maya said

And she got it, all 35 people got to make it out alive because of her.

This was it, the moment she was waiting for to proof herself to the team.

Everyone was happy and cheering because she found a way to get those people out.

Maya had the biggest smile on the face despite the fact that one of her co workers didn't trust here to make a call like that.

Later on the station she still was happy how thinks worked out. But wasn't happy about the fact that Andy questioned everything she said on the scene.

"Herrera my office please" Maya said in an harsh tone

"I don't think we can be best friends again" Andy directly said to Maya as soon as they were alone in het office

"You screwed me over with this position, you knew i was ready for this" she said after that

"Our shift is over, see you tomorrow captain."
Andy said and walked out of the office leaving Maya with her mouth open

"God dammit. Are u kidding me. I can't do it right either way" Maya sighed after Andy was already behind the door so she couldn't hear her.

Andy was right, shift was over so Maya was about to walk out of the station. In an angry and irritating state of mind.

A/N - sorry for my english, u can always send me some notes and the meeting with Carina is about to come!
- carinas story also comes with the more chapters :)